How long does it take for you custom pc to come

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But the point is that the front page of the website has a headline banner, as there is in the configurator says xmas delivery is "guaranteed". No questions, no exemptions.
You need to use a bit of common sense, when you go in the configurator it clearly states the items that exclude christmas delivery.

Gavras

Master Poster
[sigh], yes I know, and it says 21st Dec as of today and is not guaranteed.
But the point is that the front page of the website has a headline banner, as there is in the configurator says xmas delivery is "guaranteed". No questions, no exemptions.
The page linked does not appear in the order process as is never refereed to. And it says 21st, so it can be read as it might be the 22nd, 23rd or 24th (as it does say the 21st is not a guarantee) BUT that is not overriding the headline banner...
I think that is where Sales meets reality.

believing what any company says about sales at this time of year, is akin to believing what car manufacturers say about MPG.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
[sigh], yes I know, and it says 21st Dec as of today and is not guaranteed.
The page linked does not appear in the order process as is never refereed to. And it says 21st, so it can be read as it might be the 22nd, 23rd or 24th (as it does say the 21st is not a guarantee) BUT that is not overriding the headline banner...
We get one of these every year with the 'Christmas Delivery Guaranteed' banner on the website....

I encourage you to read the Terms & Conditions where you will find no mention of any guaranteed delivery dates at all (except for Fast Track orders - and even those aren't actually guaranteed).

You'll also see in the Terms & Conditions that the in/out of stock indicators are 'for indication only' {8.3).

I'm sure that PCS will of course do everything they can to ensure delivery of orders that meet the 'Christmas guarantee' promotion before Christmas Day, but unless its explicitly written in to your contract then it's only a 'best effort' promise.

MoonGoose

I think that is where Sales meets reality.

believing what any company says about sales at this time of year, is akin to believing what car manufacturers say about MPG.
We get one of these every year with the 'Christmas Delivery Guaranteed' banner on the website....

I encourage you to read the Terms & Conditions where you will find no mention of any guaranteed delivery dates at all (except for Fast Track orders - and even those aren't actually guaranteed).

You'll also see in the Terms & Conditions that the in/out of stock indicators are 'for indication only' {8.3).

I'm sure that PCS will of course do everything they can to ensure delivery of orders that meet the 'Christmas guarantee' promotion before Christmas Day, but unless its explicitly written in to your contract then it's only a 'best effort' promise.
Apologies, I think you are trying to show me of the risks which is nice of you but I do know them, my point is that it is very unusual for a Company to be this explicit with no direct reference to the T&C's in the 'offer'. And the T&C's do not override the promise, because as you say, it makes no mention, the T&C's talk about stock indicators which is different- and I am happy to be informed if I need to change components to guarantee my order during the process.

To the general point that this is a busy time and things can go wrong, I would have some sympathy if there was any reference to that as a link to that 'guarantee' but there isn't, it is unconditional. And also PCS take your money straight away and not at the point of despatch.

So I am only pressing all this because I think they will end up with some very unhappy (ex) customers who took the 'guarantee' of the xmas delivery on trust. This is the 4th PC I have ordered via PCS now and I will be an ex customer if ordering a PC 7 days before the 'deadline' does not result in me receiving it (for a friend) before xmas - assuming that I get the chance to change components if they go out of stock and agree to them.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Apologies, I think you are trying to show me of the risks which is nice of you but I do know them, my point is that it is very unusual for a Company to be this explicit with no direct reference to the T&C's in the 'offer'. And the T&C's do not override the promise, because as you say, it makes no mention, the T&C's talk about stock indicators which is different- and I am happy to be informed if I need to change components to guarantee my order during the process.

To the general point that this is a busy time and things can go wrong, I would have some sympathy if there was any reference to that as a link to that 'guarantee' but there isn't, it is unconditional. And also PCS take your money straight away and not at the point of despatch.

So I am only pressing all this because I think they will end up with some very unhappy (ex) customers who took the 'guarantee' of the xmas delivery on trust. This is the 4th PC I have ordered via PCS now and I will be an ex customer if ordering a PC 7 days before the 'deadline' does not result in me receiving it (for a friend) before xmas - assuming that I get the chance to change components if they go out of stock and agree to them.
Yawn.

Gavras

Master Poster

No, you misconstrue what I am saying, possibly as I am trying to be diplomatic.

Anyone over the age of 10 must be utterly naive if they order anything that has guaranteed delivery by Christmas and expect it to arrive.

Sales people will pretty much tell a customer anything, in previous job our sales team would guarantee a product in 10 weeks, even though we had 16-22 week lead times.

On the delivery page it says 21st if had been ordered today AND if finance had cleared.

Anyone ordering on finance for a custom PC, I reckon would be very lucky to get it before Christmas.

Even if a company has a product ready on 21st December, then it’s down to luck if the carrier is not maxed and has spare collection / delivery slots.

this is where naivety and reality collide, some people fall in the realist camp, others swap cows for beans...

MoonGoose

No, you misconstrue what I am saying, possibly as I am trying to be diplomatic.

Anyone over the age of 10 must be utterly naive if they order anything that has guaranteed delivery by Christmas and expect it to arrive.

Sales people will pretty much tell a customer anything, in previous job our sales team would guarantee a product in 10 weeks, even though we had 16-22 week lead times.

On the delivery page it says 21st if had been ordered today AND if finance had cleared.

Anyone ordering on finance for a custom PC, I reckon would be very lucky to get it before Christmas.

Even if a company has a product ready on 21st December, then it’s down to luck if the carrier is not maxed and has spare collection / delivery slots.

this is where naivety and reality collide, some people fall in the realist camp, others swap cows for beans...

I didn't misconstrue what you are saying, luckily I have been around long enough both as a customer and in business to be brutally realistic.

However, a good customer facing company will not make promises/guarantees like this that they can't keep in all but exceptional circumstances. I think they are better than your old Company which sounds more like the mentality of a B2B firm rather than B2C.

Demons674

Ordered on the 17th. 13th day production today and its not in "Building" status. Had a couple of conversations and all my parts are available so I am just waiting in the queue for the build.

My ETA was the 8th and that has been moved to the 11th. I guess I am due the next email which will say the 14th soon. They need to let you know how many orders are in front of you and how many they are despatching a week so you can gauge the production in my opinion.

skewball

Silver Level Poster
We get pompous nonsense like this every December with the 'guaranteed Christmas delivery'. It gets tiresome after a while.
'pompous nonsense' . Jesus mate, stop being so rude. I have ordered a PC for a friends 13 year old son for xmas. (I was Moongoose but recovered my old user name). Yes, I am taking a risk and probably regretting it but it is NOT pompous nonsense. It may be boring to you but not to new posters, unless you just want to alienate all of them so that just the moderators post amongst themselves.