How often do you reformat your SSD?

BestUsername

Bronze Level Poster
As in the title.

Also, how much slower will an SSD that is 50% full be compared to 10% full, and any other useful gradations those more experienced may wish to discuss.

steaky360

There is an interesting discussion at the following forum regarding this http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?324766-Do-SSD-drives-slowdown-when-near-full

I get the impression that there should be no significant slowdown on an SSD that is getting full until you have to start to read/modify/write each time you are writing new data to the drive. You probably wont notice if you are not reading/writing a load of data all the time though.

Still that thread has some good opinions in it.

EDIT: additionally, I've never re-formatted my SSD and I don't think I will need to for quite some time (plenty of HDD storage to burn through first)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I don't reinstall my OS, well, my first ssd had to do it a few times, due to it failing...but that's another story.

since having my corsair ssd, I aint done nothing at all. I tend to only install stuff I really need trying to keep things as tidy/clean as I can.

Corfate

Author Level
Same as tom really. Any downloads i move them from my SSD to one of my other HDD's, only keep programs and OS on my SSD :)

Yamikotai

Expert
Before I got my desktop's 60GB OCZ Agility 3 last year, I reformatted Windows about every six months (kind of, I kept an image of a Windows with drivers+base programs installed). I've been using the same install since then, though I plan to reinstall before uni starts again since trying out MS Office 2013 messed up my system so neither that nor Office 2010 will work. Good going, Microsoft.