How should i overclock and how much should i overclock?

phillybrennan

I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor at 2.8GHz atm but it has the potential to got to 8.4GHz

Can someone help as in to how much i should overclock and how to go about it.
thanks

LinearHD

Rising Star
I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor at 2.8GHz atm but it has the potential to got to 8.4GHz

thanks

Sure about that? :S People generally struggle to get those things over 4Ghz... and if you've never done it before, I'd recommend getting it done professionally at a pc store as this can fry your CPU permanently.

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
It won't overclock that much... Trust me...

How much it will go to and remain stable depends on how long you want it to be stable for, the other supporting hardware and a little pinch of luck. Why not find an appropriate thread to post your spec and see what others have been capable of to give you an idea, then read a guide and see if you're ready to.

Be warned, if you get it wrong it can fry it and you'll need to buy another... I've done that once before and I'll never do it again.

Good luck!

BAD SANTA

thanks

Absolutly no way on earth,
As linearHD has stated either get it done professionally or know exactly what your doing first by researching everything as there is a lot to know before you start and for gods sake do not try to get anywhere near 8.4Ghz.
Also one thing to remember you need to keep the temperature very low as AMD cpu's do not like heat.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Never mind if you can get to 8.4 (or even 4.8!), why on earth would you want to!? Actually just curious (after reading thread after thread about OCing) what exactly you'd do with the extra...ghz :D

PaulH

Bright Spark
WOW!

I thought mine was fast getting to 4.8!! (1090T with full watercooling, 1.65 volt suicide run!)

Even people who use dice / phase change havent got a 1055T to that speed im afraid :(

In all honesty, with AMD chips, you get a much bigger performance increase from raising the CPU/NB to around 2.8-3ghz if you can get away with it, much more snappy that way :)

Last edited: