How to make my RAM more efficient?

TomBerry

Bright Spark
So I've ordered my PC with 32GB RAM, and I've got it with two 16GB sticks. Is it best to stick with this or is it better to get 4x 8GB sticks? I'm going to be using this for heavy gaming and also running virtual machines for work, so I need to know which is best :)

Please could you also explain the differences and if they're major differences?

Thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I've ordered my PC with 32GB RAM, and I've got it with two 16GB sticks. Is it best to stick with this or is it better to get 4x 8GB sticks? I'm going to be using this for heavy gaming and also running virtual machines for work, so I need to know which is best :)

Please could you also explain the differences and if they're major differences?

Thanks!
2x 16 is best as it’s dual channel RAM so works best in pairs.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
2x 16 is best as it’s dual channel RAM so works best in pairs.

Thanks for that :)

One more question, I've already got 1TB SSD as my 1st storage and a 2TB HDD as my 2nd storage, is it worth amending my order for a 128GB M.2 drive for an extra £25.00?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for that :)

One more question, I've already got 1TB SSD as my 1st storage and a 2TB HDD as my 2nd storage, is it worth amending my order for a 128GB M.2 drive for an extra £25.00?
An M2 should always be the primary drive, they’ve replaced SATA SSD’s and are the new standard. I would swap the SATA SSD for an M2 rather than adding another drive. The PCS M2’s aren’t much more than a SATA.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Perfect! So will Windows come installed on the M.2 as default or onto my storage drive? Not sure on how these work really, I'm willing to pay the extra £34 if this is the case

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Really sorry about this, my last question:

The two M.2 drives have a £1.00 difference, which would be the logical one to get and why?

1TB INTEL 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

The speeds are different so I'd probably go for the Intel as it seems better, but is there a reason it's only £1.00 more?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really sorry about this, my last question:

The two M.2 drives have a £1.00 difference, which would be the logical one to get and why?

1TB INTEL 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

The speeds are different so I'd probably go for the Intel as it seems better, but is there a reason it's only £1.00 more?
If the cost is so small, I'd also go for the Intel for reliability. It's just supply and demand that drives prices, they change every day due to demand the previous day, so obviously the Intel drives are quite popular. There used to be a bigger margin between the drives.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
I can't see where to change what storage you want Windows on, do I need to contact them to do this or am I just missing this?

Thanks for the help :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can't see where to change what storage you want Windows on, do I need to contact them to do this or am I just missing this?

Thanks for the help :)
No, they should put in on the fastest drive unless you specify them to do otherwise.

If you had an M2 and a HDD, it would be standard practice to put it on the M2