How to securely erase a scrap HDD

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The finest! Just like the Glass Hammer and Paper Nails I was asked to fetch during my first week in the hangar! :rolleyes:

Hanging on the end of a piece of string, a nice strong magnet will locate the nails holding the plasterboard to the studs - can take a while sometimes, but it works a treat. (y)
When i was an apprentice mechanic someone tried to catch me out by asking about a sky hook, the following day i took a climbing gear catalogue to work and asked them what size sky hook they wanted and showed them the appropriate page................

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
When i was an apprentice mechanic someone tried to catch me out by asking about a sky hook, the following day i took a climbing gear catalogue to work and asked them what size sky hook they wanted and showed them the appropriate page................
I actually went away and twisted loads of little bits of paper into little rolled up pieces, threw them in a plastic bag, and went back to them to say I found the nails but I couldn't find the Glass Hammer.....

Bigfoot

Grand Master
You could have also pointed them in the direction of the Sea Harrier. The Skyhook was meant to allow them to refuel without landing.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Apprentices at the shipyard were sent to the stores for a short stand or long stand, depending on how cruel the fitters were feeling.