Hyperx Cloud Stinger issue

So IDK what I've done, something to do with some voice recognition I think where I started clicking some random things and eventually set something else as default which had a direct impact on my headset functionality. Now, it works whenever it wants to, which wasn't the case before. I was trying out all kinds of solutions and tutorials on the internet some outdated and all that and still couldn't manage to figgure out what the hell I've done. Here are the specs of my pc:

steaky360

It would be helpful if you could describe the issue in a bit more detail. What do you mean by 'works when it wants to'?

What exactly are you trying to do? Is it not perhaps just a case of folding your mic up to turn it off at the headset?

Any info you can provide will be useful :)

No. Is more like this. So the headset is permanently plugged in more or less. But since I did that stuff with the voice recognition where i started randomly clicking things without thinking too much, the headset started messing with me as in let's say I jump on Rainbow six siege, I play a match and then it quits on me like half way through the match for example or after the game is done. And I can't understand where that comes from. Could it be something that has to do with the mic?

P.S What I mean by quits is literally the whole headset stops working, no mic, no sound, nothing. Is like the Laptop doesn't recognize it anymore as plugged in or something.

P.P.S.S Towards my surprise as well now it worked for a good 2-3 hours with no problem. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

steaky360

Weird! I don't think that's anything to do with voice recognition but you can probably test that by turning voice recognition off entirely... That way you can rule it out...

Is your headset plugged directly into the laptop or is it plugged into a USB hub of some kind?

Through the 3.5mm jack on the side of the pc Straight in. Well looking back into the voice recognition it seems like it hasn't even been set up. So can't even "turn it off". I know it's weird, that's what I thought as well. I thought maybe the jack from the headphones was damaged or something initially, but having a more thorough look into it doesn't seem like it has a single mark on it, so I just simply don't get it?