I am most displeased

KSpen

Hello,

I placed an order 2-3 weeks ago for a new vortex 3 with a 7970M. Before I placed this order I asked online chat if there was going to be a 18.4 chassis as I wanted a fast or dual card setup. Answer was no. So now my laptop is halfway through delivery and these gaming all in ones come up. I wish I was told this!! I would have also saved myself over £300 and had a non mobile GPU (which is way better) AND a larger screen. Can you do anything for me here?

All this anticipation and patience for a decent gaming platform and the biggest anitclimax for me and I havent even got it yet. Please help.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Are you referring to the Powerglide?

You can always return the laptop but I can't really see why this is PCS fault. New items are being released and the operator may have being unaware of the new Powerglide.
T&C below:
If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. You must notify us via durable medium (email / letter) and quote your order number in any communication. Notification by phone is not sufficient.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If you would like to cancel your order and order an AIO PC instead you are welcome to return your laptop within the 7 day cooling off period providing it is un-opened and un-damaged.

You asked if there was going to be an 18.4" chassis and no there is not. An AIO PC is not a laptop and this model is 24". With the highest level of respect we cannot see what you are thinking - we were not to know that an all-in-one PC would be more suitable to you than a laptop.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yes sir, It would have met my needs spot on.

If you not happy I'd advice you to just cancel your order and re-order the new Powerglide but as stated before I do not think is PCS fault. The Powerglide is 21 and 24 inches screen anyway and I'd not consider it a laptop but still portable.

KSpen

This is most heartening.

Yes, no ones fault but to see this just appear after my order was in transit was a bit of a shock. You are fair, but I just wish someone pointed that a larger screen AIO or similar was due soon and this would never happen.

Thanks for all your replies so soon.

My laptop is being delivered to France. I will sign unchecked and return to you with courier. Please advise how I can do an exchange.

A question, can I attached keyboard & mouse and treat the AIO as a normal pc?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Once we receive the laptop back we will issue you with a full refund so that you can order the AIO system. You can add a normal keyboard and mouse for the AIO system. Whilst an AIO is somewhat portable please note it's not just a case of picking it up and popping it in a bag like a laptop. I would treat ir more like a desktop than a laptop. Just for your reference.

You will need to generate an RMA for this - please arrange to call us on 0844 499 4000 if you would like to proceed.

KSpen

Hello, I called and this is arranged. I will refuse the laptop so It gets sent back as advised. Will place a new order upon refund for the AIO pc.

Apologies if I jumped the gun, but I didnt expect a 7 day cool off for a custom build. Fantastic.

dangro474

Bright Spark
Hello,

I placed an order 2-3 weeks ago for a new vortex 3 with a 7970M. Before I placed this order I asked online chat if there was going to be a 18.4 chassis as I wanted a fast or dual card setup. Answer was no. So now my laptop is halfway through delivery and these gaming all in ones come up. I wish I was told this!! I would have also saved myself over £300 and had a non mobile GPU (which is way better) AND a larger screen. Can you do anything for me here?

All this anticipation and patience for a decent gaming platform and the biggest anitclimax for me and I havent even got it yet. Please help.

As AIO systems are regarded as a common/viable alternative to a desktop computer, I wouldn't be surprised if they were not mentioned when discussing the availability of an 18.4" laptop.

Dissapointed yes, but displeased?

Either way, props to PCS for their response to your predicament.

Last edited: