I enjoy Photography

Camerashy

Silver Level Poster
Since I am new to this forum i'm still learning all the possibilities including uploading photos. So in the meantime until I am fully up and running this is my pbase website address. www.pbase.com/dav4184
Thanks for looking
Dave

Camerashy

Silver Level Poster
Thanks Guys, appreciate your positive comments.....but still a long way to go before I get those eye catching images.
dave

PLLD

Dave - some very competent stuff there, really nice gallery. Don't worry unduly about the 'eye catching' stuff - it will come in time when you're ready. Look at quality pic hosting sites, absorb what you like, gather ideas then gradually start trying to 'see' locations that will offer similar opportunities as you travel about. Maybe set yourself a task at a weekend at a certain location and concentrate on a small/specific area trying different angles, settings, lighting etc and see how it comes together. Of course I do nowt like that I just point and shoot lol but I have found in recent years as my work has progressed that 'projects' help me focus and I am sure it will help many other togs too.

Grahame
http://www.grahamejenkins.co.uk

Camerashy

Silver Level Poster
Thanks Grahame, for the positive reply on my Galleries and very informative feedback. I do think I need to set myself tasks and look at objects from a different perspective. In fact I'm trying to get 'the eye' and see how other people would take a similar shot. At the moment I see something interesting and like you point and shoot.
I've got a decent set up Nikon D700; 24-70 f2.8; Nikon 85 f1.8; Sigma 50mm f1.4; Sigma 100-300 f4 + 1.4tc; Tokina 100mm f2.8 macro so just need that magical 'thing' which turns a picture into a masterpiece.
Dave