I feel sorry for misled people

A314159

Super Star
[Link removed - I realise you were only posting it to show how bad you thought it was, but links to PCs being sold elsewhere are not allowed]

Why do people buy this?... I just feel sorry that so many teenagers with very little cash feel like they are getting really good value high performance parts from products like the one above.....

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheGeeza

I assume it was a link to an overpriced and low quality ebay system. I agree.
Titles like "GAMING PC" on a £450 APU only system shouldn't be allowed. False advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I believe Yorkmann, if he reads this thread, can testify to the experiences of buying poorly advertised and overpriced PCs :)

He's since been enlightened in the way of PCS :)

Androcles

Rising Star
This whole world is a mine field of scammers, even professional companies do it, they prey on people who just don't know different, for example I recently had a rep from a company that sells basically everything from crisps and coffee for vending machines to cleaning supplies for offices, they're one of the leading companies world wide that do this.

I decided to check on how "cheap" they are and checked the price of the first item flicked to in there brochure against Sainsbury's prices, the first item I found was Carex in 250ml pump bottles, they charge £3.09 per bottle after bulk discounts, Sainsbury's charge ... wait for it ... £1.60 without any discounts, other items they sell are 94p packets of Walkers crisps, rolls of Andrex toilet paper for £1 a roll and so on .

How the hell do these companies get away with this? Their excuse is convenience, they provide it to you without you having to go out look for a bargain and source it yourself.

What a total bunch of scam artists!

I know it's not in the same league as a gaming pc, but it's a perfect example of how companies world wide prey on the apathy of their customers.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
This whole world is a mine field of scammers, even professional companies do it, they prey on people who just don't know different, for example I recently had a rep from a company that sells basically everything from crisps and coffee for vending machines to cleaning supplies for offices, they're one of the leading companies world wide that do this.

I decided to check on how "cheap" they are and checked the price of the first item flicked to in there brochure against Sainsbury's prices, the first item I found was Carex in 250ml pump bottles, they charge £3.09 per bottle after bulk discounts, Sainsbury's charge ... wait for it ... £1.60 without any discounts, other items they sell are 94p packets of Walkers crisps, rolls of Andrex toilet paper for £1 a roll and so on .

How the hell do these companies get away with this? Their excuse is convenience, they provide it to you without you having to go out look for a bargain and source it yourself.

What a total bunch of scam artists!

I know it's not in the same league as a gaming pc, but it's a perfect example of how companies world wide prey on the apathy of their customers.

Happens so often... my company has to buy through a series of approved suppliers even though we can find the exact same product 3 times cheaper elsewhere... crazy.