I just received my optimus III and I see they have released the optimus IV :(

rhx123

I'm pretty disapointed.

I wouldn't be. Optimus III and happy here. In the pictures, the IV looks fatter than the III, and also the only real difference is the extra GDDR5, and an extra numpad row.
The 660M is just a slightly higher clocked 650M, they are the exact same GPU die.

Biscoo

I wouldn't be. Optimus III and happy here. In the pictures, the IV looks fatter than the III, and also the only real difference is the extra GDDR5, and an extra numpad row.
The 660M is just a slightly higher clocked 650M, they are the exact same GPU die.

True, the onkyo speakers would be good though, as the speakers on the optimus III are pretty bad. I'm also having an issue with a rather unresponsive A key.

rhx123

You should talk to PCS about the A key, I don't have that problem at all. But I agree the speakers are pretty awful, however even thought the IV has 'Onkyo' speakers, I find that to be more of a branding than hardware thing, some people with the onkyo speakers in other models have said they anr't much better.

Biscoo

You should talk to PCS about the A key, I don't have that problem at all. But I agree the speakers are pretty awful, however even thought the IV has 'Onkyo' speakers, I find that to be more of a branding than hardware thing, some people with the onkyo speakers in other models have said they anr't much better.

Yeah, I spoke to PCS about the a key and they sent out a replacement keyboard ASAP which I have now fitted and everything is golden. Although I freaked out for abit, and thought I had broken the motherboard connector for the keyboard, but I obviously didn't because it's working now.

rickne

Master Poster
The life of a PC user sucks eh :) I really wanted another sli laptop and in the end plumped for the single 680m card . Now PCS have announced their vortex 3 extreme.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah i got optimus III too, thats just how the tech world works. Buy a beast of a Gaming PC with the latest Intel Sandybridge cpu, strongest single gpu going, good ssd. Less than a year passes and your stuff is not the top dog nemore, its still up there, but its not the shiz ne more... :(

Biscoo

yeah i got optimus III too, thats just how the tech world works. Buy a beast of a Gaming PC with the latest Intel Sandybridge cpu, strongest single gpu going, good ssd. Less than a year passes and your stuff is not the top dog nemore, its still up there, but its not the shiz ne more... :(

Pretty much, at one point you just gotta commit and buy something. If you wait for the next new thing to come out you will never buy anything.

Biscoo

The life of a PC user sucks eh :) I really wanted another sli laptop and in the end plumped for the single 680m card . Now PCS have announced their vortex 3 extreme.

That's slightly heartbreaking, but I wouldn't be too gutted with a 680m :p