I know you're gonna think this is a hoax but I swear it isn't

Alltruism

Bronze Level Poster
Nature has created and still creates more impressive structures than this unfortunately. Using my brain and not my heart unless proven otherwise, this is pretty insignificant
Yeah, it's just a fracture in the rock.
We're hardwired to try and spot things we recognise...faces in clouds etc.. so this is just an example of pareidolia. Or swamp gas from a weather balloon trapped in a thermal pocket and reflecting the light from Venus.

MIBLight.jpg

Aza

Rising Star
It is a genuine picture, it's too small to send the rover into though, under a metre high, and you can (just) see the back in the photo, so it's more of an alcove than a door/corridor.
Id be there right up close with a torchlight and demanding someone small in the party climbs in and sees where it goes....

Does Rover not have a mini buggy or anything it can send off to explore? Meter high kinda also pushes the idea someone/something made it... to have a clean squared of edges like that and no debris (so not like its sedimentary rocks and a shelf has fallen off like you get layres in slate etc). How much did Rover cost? It must at least have a selfie stick or something to poke the camera down for a better view....

Aza

Rising Star
Nature has created and still creates more impressive structures than this unfortunately. Using my brain and not my heart unless proven otherwise, this is pretty insignificant
Although very true, look at giants causeway or the recent deepsea photos of a "paved" road, the bit I find most curious is that its got the vertically flat/levelled bit to the left thats on the slop leading to it, and the roof of the "doorway" isnt curved, its level, its a very clean-cut rectangle. Even if these rocks have formed in a geometric shape/structure, but horizontally (so like giants causway, but horizontal so youd get blocks stacked on each other) to not have variation in height on the end/to be level with each other seems really weird, and if it was a layer thats come down from the ceiling wheres the chunks of rock on the floor, its all kinda clear...erosion over time would be more likely to leave a curved surface... its just all very bizarre.

I get its mars, and so you might not see the same patterns you would on earth in terms of how structures form and wear over time with wind/rain/water currents etc but surely physics would mean you would see some similarities. It is a very odd thing to find, and without closer inspection who knows whats going on I agree.... but it is facinating

Last edited:

Aza

Rising Star
Yeah, it's just a fracture in the rock.
We're hardwired to try and spot things we recognise...faces in clouds etc.. so this is just an example of pareidolia. Or swamp gas from a weather balloon trapped in a thermal pocket and reflecting the light from Venus.

View attachment 33546
Thats very different, recognising faces and similar stuff like that doesnt transfer to a situation like this, no tin the way youd imply.
Yes, it looks like a door, but thats not your brain kicking in looking for similar features in the same way it would for faces (which you are right, its hardwired to do).

I agree, its not evidence and I get the points about rock formations and natural geological wonders, but even within those theres bits of this that dont quite fit...its intriguing and without a properly closer look theres no way we can know, its a different planet so theres always the arguement that it would never fit the same expectations/template as you would see on earth anyway.... but it really is intriguing... and what if it was an old doorway? Theyve found traces of microbial/bacterial life and signs there used to be water... maybe there was some sort of underground dwelling species/civilisation. I think its important not to write stuff off without further exploration.

Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thats very different, recognising faces and similar stuff like that doesnt transfer to a situation like this, no tin teh way youd imply.
Yes, it looks like a door, but thats not your brain kicking in looking for similar features in the same way it would for faces (which you are right, its hardwired to do).

I agree, its not evidence and I get teh points about rock formations and natural geological wonders, but even within those theres bits of this that dont quite fit...its intriguing and without a properly closer look theres no way we can know, its a different planet so theres always the arguement that it would never fit the same expectations/template as you would see on earth anyway.... but it really is intriguing... and what if it was an old doorway? Theyve found traces of microbial/bacterial life and signs there used to be water... maybe there was some sort of underground dwelling species/civilisation. I think its important not to write stuff off without further exploration.
In short... Crab People

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No, Lobsters. Have you not seen Makrura in WoW? Maybe thats where all our lobsters came from, Mars dried up, they moved here, thousands of years later and we have lobsters due to devolution.

That or its a species of Yodas'
Bound to be accountants.

robin h 25

This is one of a few Space denier / Flat Earth debunker's, That i like watch, Just too get a good laugh... how can anyone think that space doesn't exist or the earth is flat... or that there's an alien standing in this so called door way.

2022-05-17 (4).png

2022-05-17 (2).png

I think the guy that Creaky Blinder was debunking, I personally think he had watched too much Dr Who??
Dr Who Slitheen Alien.jpg