I made a real bad mistake...

joaco1130

So what happened is that I removed hidguardian.sys from system32 and now I can't connect any peripherals on my PC so the first thing I did was research on that driver and how to fix it, I saw a post here saying this driver is not essential for Windows, so if you restart your PC in safe mode you can reinstall the driver and everything will be fine, this is what I tried to do and even in safe mode my peripherals are still off and I can't reinstall hisguardian because I can't use anything.

I tried to format the computer and Windows asked me if I wanted to download Windows or if I wanted to install it from a local directory, I tried to do both and it won't start, now I'm trying to restore my PC from a previous registry and it's taking like, A LONG time, I read that normally this takes 5 to 15 minutes to do but i've been waiting over an hour and it is still recovering, my pc is not bad, i mean i can play games with the best graphics and i have like 8GB of RAM i know It's not much, but it's acceptable I think, if someone can tell me what to do, I'll be more than grateful.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Stephen M

Author Level
Can you post your full specs of the machine, they will be on your PCS account. It will help if we know exactly what we are dealing with.

Downloading the W10 iso from your Microsoft account, perhaps from a different PC, then doing a clean install is an option.

joaco1130

Can you post your full specs of the machine, they will be on your PCS account. It will help if we know exactly what we are dealing with.

Downloading the W10 iso from your Microsoft account, perhaps from a different PC, then doing a clean install is an option.
where do i put my specs, i cant find it

Stephen M

Author Level
On the main PCS home page, not these fora, there is a "my account" option, in there will be a option to review your order(s), the spec will be there.

joaco1130

On the main PCS home page, not these fora, there is a "my account" option, in there will be a option to review your order(s), the spec will be there.
oh dont worry i already slved it, the restauration finishied and its back to normal, but thank u anyways ^^