I need the Windows 10 installer/full licence key following to computer formatting

HappyHippo84

Hello, sorry if this is not the right section of the forum where to ask but..... I need to know how can I get the details of the Windows 10 licence installed/activated on my computer so that a local IT can do a clean re-formatting of my computer. They need this when Windows 10 will be re-installed but I cannot find these info anywhere in my PCS account and on my PC I can only see partially the activation licence key. :unsure:

Thanks! :) All info about Sales order number etc etc can be provided when I will get a PCS representative to contact me (I suppose in private or via email).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Why is someone else doing the install for you? Have they done any other work on it? You will lose your warranty if you allow a third party to repair your PC.

Why do you need to reinstall?

To answer your question (and your local IT guy should know this) you don't need a product key. OEM copies of Windows use a code in the BIOS on first boot and once activated the Microsoft Activation servers remember that your hardware has a valid license.

As long as you reinstall the same version of Windows (Home or Pro) that was originally installed by PCS it will activate automatically.

HappyHippo84

Mmm I'm very very bad with technical words so sorry I may not have understood that very much, I will need my IT to read it later tonight. However, after an extensive search I found out the dedicated Windows 10 details from the downloads section available from my Account. Anyway my pc is already out of the 3 years warranty, this service cannot be done remotely I suppose for the obvious reason that a computer format is required.

HappyHippo84

Thank you guys, appreciate your suggestions and your patience, despite my CLEAR low-level knowledge.

So, from what I can see from my Account - Downloads section for my all-in-one built pc, I suppose the only thing needed is the last Windows 10 installer link to be used on the pc after the formatting? 👇
what 1.JPG
What 2.JPG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

HappyHippo84

OK Thanks Spydertracks, will keep all of that in mind, I'll need to speak to the IT tomorrow, luckily he's found a slot for me to check my PC fully to fix the issue with the malware/whatever is that caused the weird behaviour and, later on, clean it fully.