I swear I made a thread like this before - Decent headset, for £20 or less?

Gishank

Bright Spark
Not sure if I made a thread like this before.

Yesterday, when I was ordering my new RAT 7 I left my keyboard for no more than 5 minutes, came back to find that my headset's left speaker is now defunct. Can only hear sound through it when the volume on the headset itself is very low. The right-side works, so does the microphone.

Essentially I now need a new headset for £20 or less, that's somewhat decent. Naturally I know that you cna't get the best of the best for that price but I'm no audio engineer so I doubt I'd notice a true difference.

(My current improvisation is MP3 player headphones and using my defunct headset's mic, but alas this is actually quite painful. :()

Gishank

Bright Spark
I refuse to buy second-hand PC hardware or accessories. It's easy to say they've been restored, but it's just not something I trust. Thanks anyway though.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it has a 3 month warranty so if it doesnt work out the box then you send it back

turtlebeach are great quality headphones and ive never had a problem with my PX5s (only thr PC software supplied with it

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Can't really suggest much else for £20 I'm afraid, the only cheap headset I could recommend would be this Logitech one.
We use them at work for our Cisco VOIP phones and I have one for my laptop that I've used for Skype and a little bit of gaming. It's comfortable, robust (I've stood on it twice) and pretty good quality for the price. Only issue is the mic which can be a little sensitive and will usually pic up bleed through from the headphones. But you can usually minimize that through settings, I just have mine muted 99% of the time.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
B-Grade Turtle Beach X11 for £22.50 (P&P included)

I know that's slightly over your budget, but I really think this is one of the best deals I've ever come across. This is the Turtle Beach official UK eBay account, and the B-Grade stock just means second hand but restored by the manufacturer. They also come with a 3 month warranty.

Nice find, just ordered some of these. Great reviews (Minus a small hiss that's present only when literally no other sound is being played)