I turned my PC on but nothing happens!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepard

Enthusiast
No lights, no beep, no fans spinning? What can be irritating and scary might have a simple solution, first off, check all the cables. Also, check the fuse in the power lead you are using. Assuming that it is plugged in correctly, check the power switch on the back of the system and make sure it’s in position ‘1’ (we have all accidentally left this off and suffered a panic attack at some point). If you want, exchange the power lead with a new one, just to make sure.

Another thing worth trying, please unplug all external devices, especially USB hubs and the like or anything else you recently added. It might even make a difference to unplug both keyboard and mouse and see if the system starts again. If so, add one device after the other whilst doing restarts in between. In theory the system should start acting up with one specific device attached.

If none of this helps, it’s most likely the power supply or the motherboard at fault. If you feel confident, you can try to exchange the power supply at this point (give us a ring) or send it in for an RMA. You can book an RMA within your customer account on our website, see 'my returns'. Or give us a ring and we book it together over the phone.

You can reach us on 0333 011 7000 from Monday - Friday 9 am - 8 pm and on Saturdays 9 am - 5 pm (we always recommend ringing at least half an hour early so we have time to help).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.