i5-3570k overclocking :)

Corfate

Author Level
Hi peeps,

for anyone thats got a 3570k and overclocked it, what do you have it as? As in volts and ghz :)

Been messing round with my OC, can't seem to get it stable. 4.3ghz is stable on stock volts, 4.5ghz seemed to run for about 30 mins in prime before conking out. That was at 1.230v. That was reaching max temps of about 62c with the H100.

I get that no 1 chip is the same, but im just curious :)

Please post away :)

ukste

Ive just ordered an Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache altho i wont be overclocking it as i dont see the need

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ive just ordered an Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache altho i wont be overclocking it as i dont see the need

Why choosing the k processor? Wouldn't you save money by going with the i5-3550 if you are not OC?

ukste

ahhhhhhhh true point :p well i was going to get the 2500K i went for that as it was slighly cheaper. Also im aware that if you have the K you can overclock

Pauly

Bronze Level Poster
My recent purchase is a pre-overclocked i5-3570k. Now I'm not very computer savvy but if I go into my bios then I could see what my is set at foy you.. is this right, would this work?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
My recent purchase is a pre-overclocked i5-3570k. Now I'm not very computer savvy but if I go into my bios then I could see what my is set at foy you.. is this right, would this work?

By any chance do you some information of your OC in your account on the main PCS website?

Pauly

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Rubensolo, just checked, there is no info on my order about it..
Corfate my voltage is 1.384

edit my cpu frequency is all over the place-- maximum being around 4.23Ghz

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
1.3v seems an awful lot to say I can go 4.3ghz on stock volts.. I'm currently priming 4.5 ghz at 1.285v :)

Corfate

Author Level
Right, ran prime for about 13 and a half hours on Small FFT and it's stable in Prime :) Max temp in that was about 77c, but my room was like 23c all night.. darn warm weather! Tried for 4.6ghz, but temps were getting to 80c and i was getting a load of WHEA errors, so i've decided to call it quits at 4.5Ghz ~ 1.285V i think it is :)

Running blend atm:

Pic aint too clear, just shows blend temps are maxing out at 63c :)
4.5ghz%2520overclcok.png