i7 oc nd a vat return question =-]

antper942

hi there im looking to buy this computer below but im a british solider based in germany, You guys have the option to ship to a BFPO address so i was thinking so i get any sort of refund on that, as dell has somethink similiar, all i told them was my army id number and they was happy, any ways heres what im gunna order in a few days time.

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
OverClocked Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-980X (3.33GHz @ max 4.00GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM)
6GB CORSAIR XMS3 TRI-DDR3 1600MHz (3 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX480 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card
1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX480 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
2TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
RAID (HDD 1 & 2)
NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£99)
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE
Power Supply & Case Cooling
1500W THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER MODULAR PSU
Processor Cooling
COOLIT FREEZONE ELITE CPU SUB AMBIENT COOLING UNIT
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Gamer

Later i wish to add a third graphics card. same type, but i heard the cpu will max out if you have 3 cards and you will only get the same FPS as you would if you had two cards. will that processer be able to handle all 3 cards and have them all maxed out for max fps.

the reason for a big power unit is im going to add parts as i gain more cash, like maxs out the ram campaticy and still be future proof.

ive got a second hhd for just game installtion or will it be as fast with just one hhd?

thanks all for reading.

Gorman

Author Level
Looks like a solid very high end rig. If any CPU availiable today will not cause a bottleneck with triple-sli 480's, its that one. Your hard drive config is great, small system drive, large storage drive. spot on.

As for BFPO and VAT, not my area im afraid, im sure someone will answer on that soon.

antper942

i know all my other mates have had vat returns when they purchased a computer off the dell website, so i was just woundering if the vat does get returned means i have the cash for the RAM :D

Gorman

Author Level
Yes you can have it fully loaded. I would recommend the 1333 ram if you do as its a lot better for stability.

As far as the VAT goes i presume so, but its not something i deal in :(

Gorman

Author Level
As soon as someone from that side of things logs on. Admins are staff checking the forums out of hours.

JMOB

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Antper942

With regards to your query re VAT. If you send us the relevant certificate from your commanding officer confirming you are elilgible for a VAT exempt sale, we can deduct the VAT from the cost of your order before payment. If you are in a restricted area, remember you have a size limit on your BFPO delivery. You want a gaming case and will need to verify that this is acceptable with BFPO. The packaging is very large, especially if you also order peripherals. Some restricted areas (eg Iraq) won't accept anything larger than a laptop.
You can email the scanned exemtion certificate to [email protected] or fax it to 44 1484 667140. I think that's the fax number for outside the UK. From within the UK the fax number is 0845 226 4046.
It would be helpful if you already have a quote saved and include the number on the certificate.
Also, if you wish to pay by card online, please phone us first. IP addresses outside the UK and Ireland are blocked as an anti-fraud measure, but we can remove the block on a specific country whilst you make your payment.

antper942

Hi Antper942

With regards to your query re VAT. If you send us the relevant certificate from your commanding officer confirming you are elilgible for a VAT exempt sale, we can deduct the VAT from the cost of your order before payment. If you are in a restricted area, remember you have a size limit on your BFPO delivery. You want a gaming case and will need to verify that this is acceptable with BFPO. The packaging is very large, especially if you also order peripherals. Some restricted areas (eg Iraq) won't accept anything larger than a laptop.
You can email the scanned exemtion certificate to [email protected] or fax it to 44 1484 667140. I think that's the fax number for outside the UK. From within the UK the fax number is 0845 226 4046.
It would be helpful if you already have a quote saved and include the number on the certificate.
Also, if you wish to pay by card online, please phone us first. IP addresses outside the UK and Ireland are blocked as an anti-fraud measure, but we can remove the block on a specific country whilst you make your payment.

il get on it as soon as i can as we are falling out for summer leave next friday and me moving to a house might delay things, but im entitaled to tax free cars over here as well if that helps

plus the co is a busy man so i might have to wait for a while :(

but thanks, can i collect the pc from u guys when its built as im in the uk for 3 weeks as of friday.

thanks

Meds

can i collect the pc from u guys when its built as im in the uk for 3 weeks as of friday.

As long as the order is completed in time then collecting from our premises is not a problem. As you are only in the UK for a short(ish) period of time I would probably recommend going for the Fast Track Service to ensure you don't get caught out by any unexpected delays.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Can i collect the pc from u guys when its built as im in the uk for 3 weeks as of friday.

Unfortunately UK law states that we can only provide your order VAT free if we use the BFPO service. This means that if you were to collect the computer you will need to pay VAT.

Please check the size of deliveries accepted by BFPO in your area and send this through with your cerfiticate from your commanding officer.

LDUK

Master Poster
Unfortunately UK law states that we can only provide your order VAT free if we use the BFPO service. This means that if you were to collect the computer you will need to pay VAT.

Please check the size of deliveries accepted by BFPO in your area and send this through with your cerfiticate from your commanding officer.

I would defo go BFPO if it works out. VAT is a lot of money.