ICS source code released!

truegrace

Enthusiast
The code for google 4.0 has finally be released so hopefully we will start to see some nice cooked roms coming to a rooted android device near you :)

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Sweet :p - I hope the devs remember to remove the home and back buttons from the screen as 99% of users have capacative buttons/physical

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Sweet :p - I hope the devs remember to remove the home and back buttons from the screen as 99% of users have capacative buttons/physical

Needs to be 100% really, especially in the phone market where it doesnt just require upgrading something inside, it requires a replacement phone. Software for phones (to be sucessful) need to run on all phones that support that OS. Granted there are certain exceptions, i.e Maps that rotate based on your world orientation needs an iPhone 3Gs or later, but these are things that the app can not do without and its just an advancement in technology.

Back buttons and home buttons will need to stay on apps, unless of course 100% of phones have physical back and home buttons otherwise the app maker is nedlessley denying 1/100 of the market.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Needs to be 100% really, especially in the phone market where it doesnt just require upgrading something inside, it requires a replacement phone. Software for phones (to be sucessful) need to run on all phones that support that OS. Granted there are certain exceptions, i.e Maps that rotate based on your world orientation needs an iPhone 3Gs or later, but these are things that the app can not do without and its just an advancement in technology.

Back buttons and home buttons will need to stay on apps, unless of course 100% of phones have physical back and home buttons otherwise the app maker is nedlessley denying 1/100 of the market.

Well currently the only devices which have 0 physical buttons for navigation are the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Honeycomb Tablets (which cover about 700,000 devices out of 200,000,000 /facepalm), so I am guessing they will be.

amosela

Have used Alpha build of ICS on the Samsung galaxy S2. There is very little change nothing to be excited about. However With custom ROM's approaching completion we shall see some really sweet stuff. MIUI have shown off a few screen shots and may change default theme to black (Just a nice change) Cyanogen Mod have always done great things and CheckRom should do some fantastic things, Kitchen pro should bring some interesting mods :p