iCue 465x / 5600x / 3070

D

Deleted member 17413

Well the Cooler Master ML240 Lite has a history of leaking... Anyway, I totally agree with the most popular option you wrote. It's the most common and most effective
It does? Everything I heard said it was a good one? Thats a little worrying...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well the Cooler Master ML240 Lite has a history of leaking... Anyway, I totally agree with the most popular option you wrote. It's the most common and most effective
Have you got any links to this? I've not heard of any reports for many many years, talking nearly 10 years since any AIO had leak issues.

EDIT: see lots of posts on reddit but that's about it. I'm always a bit weary of reddit, I've been on a few threads there where paid hacks just go on and post crap to give a product a bad name and it turns out to all be nonsense.

We've got thousands of forum users on that cooler, just in the past 4 years or so and not had one report of a leak on that cooler that I can remember.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Have you got any links to this? I've not heard of any reports for many many years, talking nearly 10 years since any AIO had leak issues.
Sure, here you go:
I'll also link Amazon Italy (as you know I'm Italian :D) and Amazon UK, where you can see tons of reviews stating it leaked:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17413

Google search does bring up some posts of amazon customer reviews and a reddit thread...but they are all at least a year old... not sure if it was maybe fixed or if they are people who did a funny install job/damaged it?

Would def like to find out more, they go in a lot of specs, especially on tighter budgets.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Google search does bring up some posts of amazon customer reviews and a reddit thread...but they are all at least a year old... not sure if it was maybe fixed or if they are people who did a funny install job/damaged it?

Would def like to find out more, they go in a lot of specs, especially on tighter budgets.
Haven't seen a REV of those... Not saying they all do leak tho...

Ash_

Master Poster
It is an extremely popular cooler, so number sold vs number of leaks reported is very low. But for one of them to leak, multiple things need to fail and that is just extremely bad luck. I was under the impression they were filled with non-conductive liquid though, so how it could of set the guys pc on fire... i just don’t know (seems like an exaggeration).

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It is an extremely popular cooler, so number sold vs number of leaks reported is very low. But for one of them to leak, multiple things need to fail and that is just extremely bad luck. I was under the impression they were filled with non-conductive liquid though, so how it could of set the guys pc on fire... i just don’t know (seems like an exaggeration).
Unfortunately coolers aren't equipped with non-conductive liquid. Yeah, it's a very popular cooler cause of the price it has, so they sold so many units

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunately coolers aren't equipped with non-conductive liquid. Yeah, it's a very popular cooler cause of the price it has, so they sold so many units
The corsair units have a mix of distilled water and propylene glycol. The water quantity is so small that the combined liquid is barely conductive so doesn't do any damage if it were to leak, IT COULD but the risk is very small.

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Hi All,

No special requests on the build at all. It came as preferred by PCS builder.

I did fit the rear exhaust fan mind, would this of been better placed on the roof as opposed to rear?

Also noticed a comment about no dust filter. That's there, but very very well camouflaged in the top lol.

After some heavy Outriders sessions and running Heaven stress test, GPU peaks and tends to sit around 75 temp, which from research is pretty standard? haven't seen it peak past anything else yet.

Ash_

Master Poster
Hi All,

No special requests on the build at all. It came as preferred by PCS builder.

I did fit the rear exhaust fan mind, would this of been better placed on the roof as opposed to rear?

Also noticed a comment about no dust filter. That's there, but very very well camouflaged in the top lol.

After some heavy Outriders sessions and running Heaven stress test, GPU peaks and tends to sit around 75 temp, which from research is pretty standard? haven't seen it peak past anything else yet.
In that case, i have absolutely no idea what that builder was thinking. I’d strongly recommend moving the radiator to the top, but i’m not sure you will have the correct screw for mounting it and the fans, as you need self taping screws and to mount a radiator with fans on the front like that, you use much longer ones and the fans don’t tend to have threaded holes.

With a roof mount, your gpu temps should be a lot cooler.

LiaEva

Silver Level Poster
Hi All,

I really wanted to do some cable management and tidy the area up a bit before posting, but I really can't help myself in light of such a good service.

I posted my specs a while back and suffice to say a few things needed changing. @JUNI0R was the only one to respond to my thread and I took a leap of faith copying his recommendations to the letter.

I cannot thank Junior enough for his spec, I am absolutely elated with my build. Originally I had the 3060ti on order but decided to upgrade that to the 3070 for a quicker build; and quicker it was, as it went into build and testing bank holiday Friday (next day, 23 days) and arrived Wednesday 7th April, in time for my birthday on 13th :p

The end goal for me was to give my old rig to my eldest for his birthday in June, and the 3060 TI's were looking scarce for that as many were ahead of me in the queue.

Given the absolutely beautiful white zotac gaming OC 3070 I received, I could not be happier.. it's so nice!

After posting the arrival on discord, MiBu noted I should add a rear exhaust fan. I did just that today (as you'll note the difference in arrival and setup pictures), with some more guidance from Junior yet again and MiBu. The community on here is absolutely unreal and I have every faith that if I need to query something, it will have a top tier response.

This turned into a much longer post than I anticipated so TL;DR - I love my new build, the PCS community is absolutely fantastic you're all a credit to humanity and of course, PCS for building and providing me such a thing of beauty and, touch wood, early days, there are no issues.

I'll still be floating around the forum and discord to keep upskilling my knowledge in this beautiful world of PC building.
Junior is bloody incredible, he specced my comp and I treat it like my newborn 👏👏

D

Deleted member 17413

In that case, i have absolutely no idea what that builder was thinking. I’d strongly recommend moving the radiator to the top, but i’m not sure you will have the correct screw for mounting it and the fans, as you need self taping screws and to mount a radiator with fans on the front like that, you use much longer ones and the fans don’t tend to have threaded holes.

With a roof mount, your gpu temps should be a lot cooler.
in my welcome pack I have multiple bags of bits, cables, spare ssd cradle etc... Its worth a look.
If the screws are there, its easy to physically do, if not, I wouldd think contacting PCS would get some sent out just explain whats happened.

I think they'd send the screws out or youd have the option to send it back and them move the fans...which seems a bit overboard for just moving a radiator.