Icue & Additional fans

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
I have the Corsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler which comes with 2 8 LED fans. And shows up in Icue as H100i ELITE CAPELLIX showing the pump and two fans.

I'm thinking of adding 3x ll 120 fans in the front, and 1 x ll 120 as exhaust.

these fans have a different led config to the capellix ones.

I'm not sure where they'll appear in Icue, if they appear in the Capellix section will they be recognised or will they be treated as 8 led fans.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Take a read of this

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
OK I read through that, it looks like the new fans 3,4,5,6 will show under the Cappellix section, so that's ok, I have 4 spare slots for RGB & Fan speed on the commander core that's already installed, so that's fine too.

What I don't know though, is how Icue will figure out which fan is LL and which fan is RGB mag pro, as one has 8 led's and the other 16, if both are treated as the same, it's going to make lighting profiles... interesting.

Alternatively I'd need to try and get 4 more of the 8 LED mag pro fans, then they'd all be the same type, but I'm not sure you can buy those separately of the AIO kit.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK I read through that, it looks like the new fans 3,4,5,6 will show under the Cappellix section, so that's ok, I have 4 spare slots for RGB & Fan speed on the commander core that's already installed, so that's fine too.

What I don't know though, is how Icue will figure out which fan is LL and which fan is RGB mag pro, as one has 8 led's and the other 16, if both are treated as the same, it's going to make lighting profiles... interesting.

Alternatively I'd need to try and get 4 more of the 8 LED mag pro fans, then they'd all be the same type, but I'm not sure you can buy those separately of the AIO kit.
Might be worth reading this:

There's a comment past the original poster that states the following:

"The original SP-RGB fans run a completely different protocol for the RGB than any of the other fans. While you can get away with mixing LL and ML on the same channel (though effects may be weird), you absolutely cannot put the SP-RGB fans on the same channel. They won't work at all.

Note that the SP-RGB Pro and SP-RGB Elite, the newer ones, don't have that issue. This is only the original SP-RGB fans."

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
I'm not using any SP fans only ML and LL, although it looks like it can't recognise mixing fans very well so I'll have to try and get some 8 led ML's

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I changed all mine to the SL, the only capellix diodes from what i can make out are the ones in the pump headset

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
OK I've had a response from Corsair direct.

CORSAIR Cooling Product Manager
Autodetect pings each fan for it's LED count on the port, get assigned a fan type.
If you have multiple fan types, it'll read under Elite Capellix as 9-LED Fan, QL, LL or whatever on the right, grouped by fan type since there's some fan specific modes, we had to implement this way.
Pretty straightforward.

Looks like you can mix and match now :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK I've had a response from Corsair direct.

CORSAIR Cooling Product Manager
Autodetect pings each fan for it's LED count on the port, get assigned a fan type.
If you have multiple fan types, it'll read under Elite Capellix as 9-LED Fan, QL, LL or whatever on the right, grouped by fan type since there's some fan specific modes, we had to implement this way.
Pretty straightforward.

Looks like you can mix and match now :)
That's really cool, and thanks for feeding back, makes more sense (y)

CMP01

Enthusiast
I changed all mine to the SL, the only capellix diodes from what i can make out are the ones in the pump headset

That's right, it's just the pump that's special. Further, while you can mix fans up more now the closest match to the Capellix coolers fans are the SP120 Elite, so Corsair's bods told me. LL's are great, QL's better still but for those I'd have had to get the 4 case fans and another 2 for the H100 for aesthetics sake (the alternative would be like having a super car with two different headlights) I also didn't want to take away from the cooling, being told that the Capellix range AiO fans are the best for the job. I'm doing the same set up for my gf's PC. Maybe next time around I'll go more nuts on the RGB but for now I have everything all on one constant, solid colour anyway, I like to have a glow but not necessarily a lightshow. I'll leave Epcot centre events to those who aren't as prone to migraines.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
That's right, it's just the pump that's special. Further, while you can mix fans up more now the closest match to the Capellix coolers fans are the SP120 Elite, so Corsair's bods told me. LL's are great, QL's better still but for those I'd have had to get the 4 case fans and another 2 for the H100 for aesthetics sake (the alternative would be like having a super car with two different headlights) I also didn't want to take away from the cooling, being told that the Capellix range AiO fans are the best for the job. I'm doing the same set up for my gf's PC. Maybe next time around I'll go more nuts on the RGB but for now I have everything all on one constant, solid colour anyway, I like to have a glow but not necessarily a lightshow. I'll leave Epcot centre events to those who aren't as prone to migraines.

Actually these are the fans that come with your AIO (8 LED's)

CMP01

Enthusiast

Which are great, and I'd be tempted were I sans fans but they weren't yet available individually of the Capellix AiO's when I was buying and building. Tbf though the SP120 RGB Elites are more than good enough for the rest of the case, even if the max airflow isn't as good. My 5800X and 6800XT are kept under 70C with any AAA game so far with all fans and AiO on quiet. Only benching and stress testing so far gets it over that mark but not by much.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Perhaps I shouldn't mention that I intend in due course to put in the led display to replace the rgb lights
Best of luck with that mate, I've had one on order since the start of October and still have no idea when it's going to be despatched, I actually emailed them the other week to try and get an update, and after they replied i was none the wiser.

To follow that up I've actually got an email tonight asking me what i thought of their customer service, I shall be replying tomorrow and posting a thread on here..........................

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
Best of luck with that mate, I've had one on order since the start of October and still have no idea when it's going to be despatched, I actually emailed them the other week to try and get an update, and after they replied i was none the wiser.

To follow that up I've actually got an email tonight asking me what i thought of their customer service, I shall be replying tomorrow and posting a thread on here..........................
:LOL:

It won't be for a while, maybe they'll have sorted out stock by then.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
Ok I got a LL 120 and plugged it in, here's what Icue shows.

Port 6 is the LL and you can control fan speed & RGB on each fans separately, you have to run the wizard when you install new devices but it's looking good and now seems to handle mix and match very well.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 119