iCUE version 4

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I use iCUE (currently 3.38.61) to control the RGB on my K70 Mk II keyboard (and nothing else). The iCUE app says there are no updates available but the Corsair site says that my K70 Mk II is compatible with iCUE 4 (latest version 4.10.273). What do the experts think, should I install 4.10.273 just for use with my K70 Mk II and is there anything in version 4 that I might need (version 3 is working just fine)?

D

Deleted member 17413

Ive upgraded, and to be fair, I cant say theres much difference.
Comes with a new "themes" setup and the layout is worse in my opinion... I preferred the dashboard and display style the old one had.
It feels far more like a reskin than a new version of the program.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I use iCUE (currently 3.38.61) to control the RGB on my K70 Mk II keyboard (and nothing else). The iCUE app says there are no updates available but the Corsair site says that my K70 Mk II is compatible with iCUE 4 (latest version 4.10.273). What do the experts think, should I install 4.10.273 just for use with my K70 Mk II and is there anything in version 4 that I might need (version 3 is working just fine)?
I totally quote @sibun1's thoughts. I think they bugged it and that's why you're not able to update within iCUE

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Many thanks to both of you. Unless anyone else has anything radically different to say I'll stick with the version I have.

Very many thanks for the advice. :)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Many thanks to both of you. Unless anyone else has anything radically different to say I'll stick with the version I have.

Very many thanks for the advice. :)
You're always the first one to help others, especially when it's up to BSOD. Now it's our time to help you 😂

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I just updated to version 4 and it is a big change for me. Previously I could not control the CPU fan RGB via the AURA RGB header using iCue and had to use Armoury Crate for that purpose - which is limited and rubbish overall. Now I can control it from iCue and can finally get the temperature colour scale working the way I have always wanted and most importantly choose which temperature sensor it uses. Happy days!

The layout is quite different from my previous version - a few more options available and so on. But I guess it does depend on what you are using it for. But for me this is a big upgrade from what I had before.