I'd love to show off my new laptop!

Rakk

The Awesome
Well its about 7-8 working days so far, so it's not too bad (remember bank holidays are not working days), hopefully it should be into building very soon.
And Zapdos yes it does feel like forever when waiting, hopefully wont be long.

zapdos

Arrived.

I'm cautiously pleased.

This Cosmos 17.3" laptop is as fast as I'd hoped and runs Ubuntu Mate really well [so far]. Full review coming up in the Linux section.

Spec is i7, 16GB, 256GB WD Black nvme.

The problem is the sound. I know it's a laptop but the on board sound is so bad, it's impossible to even listen to talking podcasts, let alone music.

headphones or bluetooth speakers or something are a must. This sounds worse than a £1 transistor radio from a pound shop.

Bought it to replace a Chromebook (Asus cb14), and whilst the keyboard, screen, speed, etc. are far superior, the sound is a massive downgrade.

I'm honestly shocked how terrible it is.

It's always hard to get information on sound because it's so subjective, and I had heard that these Clevo based laptops had sub par sound, but I guess I just wasn't prepared for how utterly diabolical it is.

Have I got my point across? Lol

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Glad you're cautiously pleased. I'm cautiously happy for you! :)

I don't know whether you asked about the sound quality from Clevo laptops on ere before buying but if you had I'm pretty sure we'd all have told you how disappointing it actually is. That said, it's always a mistake expecting to use the built-in speakers of a laptop for anything much other than system sounds.

zapdos

Perhaps I was spoiled by that Asus Chromebook, but it was perfectly acceptable to listen to talking on. Or hold a speaker phone call. Frankly this is not.

Still though, the increase in everything else makes it overall a good upgrade.