Idle CPU & GPU temps high on new build (50-60C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMAsphyxiate

I just put together a new AMD Ryzen system a couple days ago and the idle temps for the CPU and GPU are both floating around 50-60C. Here are the system specs:

PCPartPicker.com Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VYw7x6
Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-Plus (WI-FI)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600
GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Super
PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 750W
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD

Cooling is currently:
-NZXT Kraken X63 AIO on the CPU attached to the 280mm radiator and it's two 140mm fans
-Two 120mm fans at the top of the case exhausting
-One 120mm fan at the back pulling in air

It's probably good to note that this is all at the default stock settings for the hardware, no OC has been done. I have also already updated the MB firmware to the latest version along with the other stock drivers, and have reseated the CPU cooler, and after seeing no change, cleaned the stock thermal paste on the CPU and cooler and applied new thermal paste with little to no change.

Due to the case constraints (even though it claims to fit up to 280mm radiators) I was only able to fit the radiator for the NZXT Kraken X63 in the front of the case, outside of the frame where the there were originally three 120mm stock fans. I have the two 140mm fans mounted on the interior of the frame to the radiator attempting to pull air through the radiator into the case. The case came with a plastic shield/cover in front of the fans that I thought might be restricting air flow as the outside air would have to bend around the small openings for the front fans; so I went ahead and remove that shield/cover to test and see if the temps would level out to more reasonable temps. Unfortunately this only seemed to help a little (2-4C difference).

Here are some pictures of the build and fans:

I'm currently looking into swapping out for a full ATX case with better airflow to rule out the overall case space and to allow for more real estate for OC once I have this cooling resolved, but any advice/insight into what is causing the high idle temps and where I may have slipped up would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

D

Deleted member 17413

You'll have a Mod reply about this site being for PCS builds, and directing you to an open forum like Toms Hardware if you need help with your own build.... so I thought i'd save you some time waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.