Idle temps

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
hello guys my idle temps is around 45-48 C, is it normal:?????
my system is
i7 2600k oc at 4.6ghz
8gh hyper x
gtx 560ti
coolit eco
sabertooth p67
hx 750 (psu)
raven rv03

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Doesnt sound excessive. I am sure there will be lower, but havent had experience of such a system, so cant say for sure.

BAD SANTA

Sounds fine mate, same as DED has explained I also don't have experience with sandybridge but you have to remember that ambient temperature right now is hot so your temps will be higher.
My i7 950 @ 4.2ghz is about the same so I really wouldn't worry about it.

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
cheers bros,,,,, im pleased to know that its the same with others,,,, when im gaming it goes up to 66 which is the highest ive ever seen so far.

BAD SANTA

My CPU has gone up to over 70 during this hot weather but normally sits in the 60s. As long as it's not running over like 85 during normal operation then you will be fine if it gets up to 100 it will automatically shut down to prevent further damage.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
*Makes mental note to actually test things like Temps on his PC...so can actually state facts in the future* :D

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
May I ask how you are testing the temps and is your CoolIT Eco setup to push/pull... Doesn't sound excessive, but with some minor adjustments it could be lowered...

*note... If you've brought your system overclocked from PCS, fiddling around with settings will void your warranty

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
uhm i havent tried to used prime 95 yet bro but during like browsing net and doing nothing so basically it is just on the temp is aroung 44-47c, i use the sabertooth thermal radar to monitor the temp and its the same reading on th cpu-z, and yup its overclocked to 4.6 ghz and the eco is not yet on push pull set up :)