IE9 BETA now available to download.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
IE9 BETA now available to download.

Interestingly, for forum has a few small display issues under IE9 but our wesbite appears to operate perfectly. If anyone spots any bugs, please post them here.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Current forum IE9 bugs:

1. On posting a quick reply the display is distorted to the left.
2. Top right hand "log-out" options are displayed incorrectly.

Tom DWC

I've been looking forward to this. How Microsoft has managed to throw away such a large majority of the browser market in the last 5 years is beyond me. Afterall, it has not just been the superiority of the competition, but the failure to launch any kind of comeback on Microsoft's part.

IE9 is looking very promising though. The answer to all other browsers? Maybe not. A step in the right direction and a browser that's now in the same league. Probably. Too little too late? A 95% to 60% fall in market share is pretty steep, but it's a testament to the size of that market that it is still on top by a considerable margin.

At least Microsoft seems to be getting its act together these last few years and I guess only time will tell if a recovery is on.

One thing's for sure though: more web browsers = more competition = better web browsers = greater choice.

Can't be bad. :p

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I've un-installed it. There's no Google search bar by default and I like this fature without having to install the addon. There are also a few bugs in it that are a tad annoying.

Sleinous

Author Level
Right, so, I installed the 64bit version, already, massive mistake, but, I wanted to see how it would perform. Utter disaster, I double click, I wait, I wait some more, some message about disabling addons comes up to increase speed, I go for the goodl ol' ask me later, I wait some more. Internet Explorer has crashed, I press cancel, Internet Explorer has crashed, I press cancel, Internet Explorer has crashed, I press cancel, Inter.... you get the idea, eventually it closed when I spammed the X in top right. Utter catastrophy, will be trying 32bit now.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I stay away from all browser BETA's, i've tried IE's BETA's - fail, i've tried Firefox BETA's - fail. I just wait for full release from now on.