If you're having troubles reinstalling the THX Spatial Surround app

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This applies to early versions of the THX Spatial Surround app. It appears this may be much more common as an OEM piece of software on upcoming chassis.

We had a user who had deleted the shortcut that was on the desktop, it appears this is a necessary component of the program. Then we had major problems trying to reinstall it.

The solution was:

1. Go into programs and features and uninstall THX if it's listed. (if it gives any kind of error like it can't find the .exe file then move to the next step)

2. Open RegEdit.msc and look for LOCALMACHINE > Software > THX and delete the THX folder

3. Then reboot and try installing again.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This applies to early versions of the THX Spatial Surround app. It appears this may be much more common as an OEM piece of software on upcoming chassis.

We had a user who had deleted the shortcut that was on the desktop, it appears this is a necessary component of the program. Then we had major problems trying to reinstall it.

The solution was:

1. Go into programs and features and uninstall THX if it's listed. (if it gives any kind of error like it can't find the .exe file then move to the next step)

2. Open RegEdit.msc and look for LOCALMACHINE > Software > THX and delete the THX folder

3. Then reboot and try installing again.
If you're ever deleting keys from the registry PLEASE right-click on the key in the left pane and select export to save a copy of the key you're deleting as a .reg file first. If you find you want that key back in the future just double-click the .reg file that was saved and it will be restored.

Don't ever delete or modify anything in the registry without exporting a copy of the original key first.

You always pack your own parachute. ;)

Rairun

Bronze Level Poster
This solution didn't work for me. "Add or remove programs" had two THX entries on my laptop: THX Spatial Audio, and THX Audio Drivers. The former could be uninstalled without issues, but the latter gave me a missing .exe error and remained there. Deleting the keys from the registry as indicated above and installing again didn't fix the issue.

What I ended up doing was using Revo Uninstaller to remove THX Audio Drivers (the free, portable version is fine for this). Then I reinstalled THX Spatial Audio, and after it was done, it automatically installed THX Spatial Audio for PCs from the Microsoft Store. Now I have two entries (THX Spatial Audio, and THX Spatial Audio for PCs), and the latter contains the settings dashboard.