If you're thinking of a new system, advice is to buy now, don't wait

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

This is purely intended to be informative based on current advice by the tech community. It's not supposed to scare anyone in anyway.

If you're thinking of an upgrade to a system, or a completely new system, the advice is to buy now. With all that's going on in China where most tech components are manufactured and assembled, there are likely to be stock shortages which will lead to increased prices on components that are still available. This is likely going to affect even the second hand market also.

A good indicator of output specifically from China is the "Purchasing Managers Index" which accounts for Enterprise stock orders accepted in China:

Last edited:

steaky360

I saw the LTT video over the weekend and its quite an interesting topic. I don't think anyone fully knows what will happen (its all speculation) but the point is valid.

If you're waiting for new technology which isn't out yet (say Nvidia 3000 series GPUs) then hopefully it won't be too long a wait.

But

If you're already looking to get a new PC (or upgrade) and you're waiting for some other reason, then it might be better to pull the trigger sooner rather than later before any price fluctuations really come into force.

I've not been tracking the prices of any hardware but I accept that as the availability of a commodity decreases the price of that commodity will increase as people are prepared to pay the premium to get it.