IIYAMA E2710HDS worth it?

Shocks

Just trying to spec out a new system. Part of that is the monitor. Big is always better but is it worth it? Just wondering whether the larger 27" monitor is worth the extra over the 24". The difference is not instubstantial £100 from memory fpr the same number of pixels, is it worth it?

Comments?

Freeley

I'd find a 27" too big if i was sat right in front of it to be honest - i've just upgraded to a 23" from a 17" and still haven't got used to the size of the thing yet.
It's just a personal thing though, i'm sure there are others on here with square eyes :D

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
My opinion is to get 2 x 22" - two monitors are better than one, even if they're smaller. :)

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
It's really personal preference, I find my current 23.6 inch monitor a bit too big sometimes, I couldn't deal with a 27 inch one.

russellg

As he says, it's really personal preference. In my case I've had a 27" monitor for 3 years now and wouldn't swap for anything smaller....been looking at the new Dell 30 :)

Meds

:D I think 24" is the biggest monitor I could use on a regular basis. Currently using 22" at the moment is is more than enough for now!

Tom DWC

I treated myself to a 27" some time ago - only just getting used to it now because I was on a 19" before!

It's alright providing you sit back a bit, and doubles as a decent TV too. The 19" was just too small to sit back and watch at a distance.

I found with some of the 23" panels with a 1080 resolution that the text was a bit small but that's probably because my eyesight sucks. :)