Iiyama Touch Screen Monitors - any good, or just for fun?

JayVee

The ProLite T2250MTS 22" Touch Screen is an early adaptor of the new 'MultiTouch' Technology. Based on the latest Optical sensor, the T2250MTS is Windows® 7 Compatible and ready for the emerging business and consumer software packages.

Browsing through the PCS list I was tempted to order one of these as a second monitor

a) to use in double-monitor mode along with the Iiyama E2271HDS 22" LED, and

b) just to play about with in Touch-Screen Mode. :D

Would this be a good idea?

Anyone here running one of these Touch-Screen Monitors?

If so, how good are they?

What can they be used for just now?

And what kind of applications for them can be expected in the near future?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Touchscreen is a nice feature to have, if you're going to use it. If you're going to be sat at a desk, I wouldn't recommend it. If however you will have the computer in your kitchen or living room, then it might well be worth considering. New applications are being developed all the time.

JSG10

Expert
Touchscreen is a nice feature to have, if you're going to use it. If you're going to be sat at a desk, I wouldn't recommend it. If however you will have the computer in your kitchen or living room, then it might well be worth considering. New applications are being developed all the time.

In the Kitchen? I can see this being a terrible idea. I'd end up with curry stains all down it! XD

JayVee

Yes, I can see the logic there, but I wouldn't have thought the Iiyama from PCS was very appropriate for use in a kitchen somehow.

Is anyone here using this Iiyama touch-screen at all, who could tell us how good it is and how its quality compares with its non-touch-screen cousin?