Im almost ready to order! Please leave your suggestions!

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
This is my final configuration unless i'am persuaded otherwise so, please give me your advise! all comments are welcome and much appreciated. Thank you!! <3

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series:17.3" AUO Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080) (£85)

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M - 1.5GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

Memory - Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)

DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)

Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)

Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card
Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack

Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH

USB Options
3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD

Firewire
1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT

Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

Webcam
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

rickne

Master Poster
Maybe swap the RAM for 1600MHZ if you can afford it also is that SSD the only Hard drive you want? Once you account for the OS thats not a lot of room left. Finally my personal opinion is not to go below the GTX 675M card. Even that one is really quite out of date now. If you can afford a 7970 or 680 even better. 675M is also the lowest Alienware offer right now for their similar set up. Everything else seems fine to me.

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
Maybe swap the RAM for 1600MHZ if you can afford it also is that SSD the only Hard drive you want? Once you account for the OS thats not a lot of room left. Finally my personal opinion is not to go below the GTX 675M card. Even that one is really quite out of date now. If you can afford a 7970 or 680 even better. 675M is also the lowest Alienware offer right now for their similar set up. Everything else seems fine to me.

will upgrading to the 16000mhz make much difference? i will be using an external drive to store all my media. alsoim not much of a gamer so think the current graphics card will be fine fr me? thanks for your input mate! :)

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
would it be worth going for the Kingston SSD and is the thermal paste worth it, or should just apply my own? thanks

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
1600Mhz wont really make any noticeable difference,getting PCS to upgrade the thermal paste would be well worth it for a laptop.
I would stick with the Intel SSD.

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
1600Mhz wont really make any noticeable difference,getting PCS to upgrade the thermal paste would be well worth it for a laptop.
I would stick with the Intel SSD.

thanks you! would you recommend the AUO Matte screen? do you know if there is a big difference from the standard matte/glossy screens

rickne

Master Poster
I know some people mentioned it was a lot crisper , cleaner an image. Its what Ill be getting. Sick of my current M17x and its nasty glossy screen.

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
I know some people mentioned it was a lot crisper , cleaner an image. Its what Ill be getting. Sick of my current M17x and its nasty glossy screen.

I've also been hearing people say similar things about the screen, but haven't heard from anyone who actually owns/used one themselves. i'll probably take your word for it. nice one rick :)