I'm stumped - Folder icon spacing

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm not 100% sure what this is down to. I'm actually thinking it might be a product of One Drive, as it's the first time I've actually used it.

My personal folder icon spacing is messed up. Now, I know about the Windows Desktop issues from various updates, but it's not that. My desktop is fine. If I change to "Large" icons or "Small" icons, it fixes itself. It's purely Medium that causes the problem.

Anyone seen this before? I had a quick google but couldn't get past the Windows Desktop fixes.

Attachments

• 2021-02-05.png
    2021-02-05.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 147

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not entirely sure what you're referencing, do you mean the item name spanning poorly across multiple lines?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I had a look at that earlier, just on the off chance. It's set to 100% though, same as scaling.

It's so weird.

Stephen M

Author Level
No idea with Windows but I had a problem with resized icons on Manjaro, straight after a routine software upgrade. Could not find an answer but resolved on next software upgrade about a week latet. Could it be a Windows software thing.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yep, I checked on my OneDrive folder and have exactly the same when on medium icon size.

Thanks for checking. I think there's maybe a hidden icon change in the folder, similar to how it looks in "This PC" with the little cloud symbol.

At least I know it's not my config now haha.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
So...... adding to this even more confusion....

I've got onedrive setup on my Surface Pro. No issue with the Icons or font or spacing etc. All looks fine. The resolution was, of course, significantly different so I forced 100% scaling and 1080p....... still no weird look.

There's definitely something going on :LOL:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Looking closely a little more... the label seems aligned to the right for some reason. Notice that? Favourites, for example, the "ite" is off to the right past the Icon, where the "F" is right in line with the left hand side. It's really obvious with "Intel". it's as if there is padding on the left that's causing it.