Improving WEI rating for hard disks??

Petchi b

My Windows 7 Eperience Index rating is as follows;

CPU - 7.5
RAM - 7.5
Graphics - 7.9
Gaming Graphics - 7.9
Hard Disk - 5.9

The hard disk is letting me down, how can I improve the rating to 7+? Is it a SSD? Or are there any other options?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Pretty much SSD, although i'm sure top end HDDs would get you closer.

Even some SSDs dont seem to show as 7.9.

Orrrr

Ignore WEI, because, much like Cake, it is a lie! :D

Fear

Prolific Poster
Haha thanks!

Surely a Velociraptor drive would be between 6-7 if anyone can confirm?

My old rig got 6.2 with 2 150GB raptors Raid0 and as they are now single drives they get 5.9 same as my 640GB Caviar Black, so the only way to get over 7 is SSD and as has been said WEI is not really a good test.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I dont see why you would worry about the rating, if it isnt giving you problems then its 10/10 right?

gavcor

Bronze Level Poster
I havent seen one rated in WEI but the new hybrid HDD are meant to get you higher scores than the standard mechanical ones.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Are you sure that isnt just your systems actual rating? What did you have to do? Or did you just do it in HTML and print screen it.

Petchi b

I dont see why you would worry about the rating, if it isnt giving you problems then its 10/10 right?

Yeah your right I was just wondering thats all as its a big drop compared to my other ratings. I will get an SSD at some point I'm sure.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts :)

Teaz

Godlike
someone on here that has ssd caching with a hdd should do a WEI score, id like to see. if it reaches past a a usually velociraptor drive then its certainly an interesting cheap approach instead of a pure ssd usage :)