In case SensorPanel for Aida64

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Had a read last night & this morning, and it looks like a long-standing conflict with Corsair.

The AIDA64 team say they've spent over a decade asking Corsair to stop locking their sensor readings to a single instance - which means either AIDA64 can report them to show on your screen, or iCUE can use them to control your fan/pump speeds...BUT NOT BOTH.

The AIDA64 team suggest raising a support ticket with Corsair to add to their pile...but I'm not holding out much hope and will just disable the Commander Pro integration for now to see if it helps, before turning off the H100i integration too.

The replies from Corsair reps on the Corsair forums seem to think there is no solution as 2 programs can't ask for the same data via the same CPUID SDK, so they recommend not running 3rd party hardware monitoring programs if you want to run iCUE...which is a bit of a cop out, and strange that Hardware Monitor has no effect on iCUE which I'd assume uses the same SDK.

If that's the case, I'll simply modify the sensor panel to either show more 'useless' stuff, or make the useful stuff larger...maybe a 'speedometer' for the FPS?

Capture.PNG

Something doesn't look quite right here ;)

Last edited:

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
Warranty not withstanding, I've taken a Dremel to my Corsair Obsidian 500d SE case - gulp! The port to run cables through for a VR headset was just a little too narrow to squeeze through the HDMI cable with connector for the screen. A little bit of cutting and grinding later it's all looking pretty good!

Also, this stuck onto the rear of the screen and then mounting to the psu / cable shroud seems to work pretty well!

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I still think I'm going to have mine externally on the desk.

One problem I seem have is when playing resident evil village in full screen, it disappears & I just end up with the desktop showing on the small screen, however if i go full screen in youtube everything is fine, so i guess it's a setting of some sort in REV or Steam

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
If anyone has any tips on being able to get the monitor to successfully power off with the PC, rather than remain on and show 'no signal' - please sure! Toggling ERP power status in my Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Bios achieves this, but then all of the motherboard RGB, Start and other lights are off. Power delivery in a soft state doesn't do much, although my understanding is with ERP power settings enabled, this over rides any other configuration.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If anyone has any tips on being able to get the monitor to successfully power off with the PC, rather than remain on and show 'no signal' - please sure! Toggling ERP power status in my Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Bios achieves this, but then all of the motherboard RGB, Start and other lights are off. Power delivery in a soft state doesn't do much, although my understanding is with ERP power settings enabled, this over rides any other configuration.
From watching this Jay got a USB micro to USB 9 pin header cable and plugged it straight into a header

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’ve ordered a simple PCIe card with a couple of USB ports, if you use one of those as the power source for the screen it’ll turn off when you turn off the PC.

94B76732-FB65-4181-8C0C-8471E6EC3E5B.jpeg

EDIT - I didn’t see that @SpyderTracks had written essentially the same thing above until after I’d posted!

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
I have a Corsair Commander Pro which I had forgotten was installed, which has two headers on. I wonder if this would achieve the same thing?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have a Corsair Commander Pro which I had forgotten was installed, which has two headers on. I wonder if this would achieve the same thing?
You're on to something there, from a brief look it does appear that they are standard USB 2.0 headers and should do what you're asking

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Seeing that I can't monitor all the fan speeds, I've changed the ones i can monitor to vertical bars

1632151477116.png

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just got to remove the PSU monitoring items now - even if you splurged on a HXi or AXi PSU you'd probably not be able to monitor them anyway ;)

Can you change the colour scale on the pump speed, as the amber seems to suggest the start of an issue...when we know it's perfectly fine for the pump to sit at that speed indefinitely.

I've got my 90/270º USB/HDMI cables to try now - just got to work out where to put the thing. Can't put it in the case - even though it fits well on top of the PSU with its little stand - as I won't be able to see it, so it's either under the monitor or on top of the RAID...or maybe stuck to the front of the case with some stand-offs so that doesn't block airflow?

Screenshot 2021-09-20 170043.png

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just got to remove the PSU monitoring items now - even if you splurged on a HXi or AXi PSU you'd probably not be able to monitor them anyway ;)

Can you change the colour scale on the pump speed, as the amber seems to suggest the start of an issue...when we know it's perfectly fine for the pump to sit at that speed indefinitely.

I've got my 90/270º USB/HDMI cables to try now - just got to work out where to put the thing. Can't put it in the case - even though it fits well on top of the PSU with its little stand - as I won't be able to see it, so it's either under the monitor or on top of the RAID...or maybe stuck to the front of the case with some stand-offs so that doesn't block airflow?

View attachment 29381
That's looking good, ye as you say need to remove PSU monitoring items, and yeah i can change the colour on the pump speed, I just copied the mobo temp bar, changed it to vertical and swapped the sensors over then just chucked some figures in for speeds, I suppose really on the pump it should be red if its running at slow speed, any suggestions appreciated

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Might see if I can add a transparent mask to some part so that I can show some other sensors from iCUE in the background…assuming I can resize/position iCUE well enough.

Not getting much time on it lately as work is very busy since everyone same back from holidays.

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
For anyone interested, using a usb header on the commander pro now means the monitor does indeed power off with system off, without having to play around with bios power settings (useful for charging peripherals in an off state).

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
I've done something very similar (external only at the moment as I'm waiting for a PCIE bracket with big holes in to run cables out of the back of the case, but in my case I used Rainmeter.

Life is too short to be spent twiddling endlessly with AIDA64

My RGB colour scheme is evil red.
So I picked an appropriate wallpaper for my build and arranged the elements around it (I managed to use all but one element in one skin (after getting the dev to tweak a few things)

Screenshot of screen shows this:
Sensor Panel.png

It does look rather more vibrant in the flesh, and I have an even brighter variant for when it's behind the rather heavily tinted side panel of the 4000D, although this is good as wires and the like are mostly invisible with RGB & light up elements showing clearly.

Only extra pieces of software I needed running was MSI Afterburner (for GPU temp) & Core Temp (for CPU Temp)

Once the bracket comes I'll mount the screen inside using magnetic tape (the display is fully boxed) the PSU shroud is metal and runs full length along the case. Then I'll run the HDMI & Micro USB along the motherboard side of the case and out through the big hole PCIE bracket to the ports on the back of the PC, my case (Corsair 4000D Airflow) has absolutely nowhere I can route apart from that.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
After a bit of a false start (I somehow manged to order a small PCIE Bracket) so it wasn't long enough...

My silver full length PCIE Bracket cover came, so once I'd sprayed it matt black I was able to proceed...

I ran the HDMI & Micro USB along the motherboard side of the case and out through the big hole PCIE bracket to the ports on the back of the PC

View inside case and behind glass. The magnetic tape meant I could position it really well and the HDMI/Micro USB connectors are all running 90 degree adaptors. Thankfully the rather heavily dark tint of the window hides a lot of wiring stuff, although I made everything black and routed it fairly discreetly. You only see what you want to :)

The white tubes are airgoo neon strips which light up red and chase around all 4 of them. I took the picture with them early in the cycle so you were not distracted by bright glowy lines. I also ran an adaptor cable to a Corsair Lightning node pro on channel 1 which means that now if it's lit up, it is controlled via Corsair, plus I have a spare channel free if I need to do anything further down the line.

Overall I'm quite pleased, it's come a long way from being almost completely dark inside and on the front to this

111.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
i don't like paying for things I could make myself, but this could be handy for those with more money than free time ;)