In case SensorPanel for Aida64

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
So... I watched the Jayz 2 Cents video, and thought for £60 what could possibly go wrong?

This needs a 7 inch LCD enclosure 3d printing, or I need to find a smart way of mounting, and concealing the wires, but as a POC at this stage it's kind of cool, even if the brightness is impaired somewhat by the 500d SE smoked glass. What do you recon?

screen.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So... I watched the Jayz 2 Cents video, and thought for £60 what could possibly go wrong?

This needs a 7 inch LCD enclosure 3d printing, or I need to find a smart way of mounting, and concealing the wires, but as a POC at this stage it's kind of cool, even if the brightness is impaired somewhat by the 500d SE smoked glass. What do you recon?

View attachment 29212
I absolutely love this! Dis it really only cost £60?

Do you have any links to the parts you bought? You're welcome to post them, completely allowed.

Last edited:

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
I absolutely love this! Dis it really only cost £60?

Do you have any links to the parts you bought? You're welcome to post them, completely allowed.

Sure, this is the link

and I've purchased a 90 degree HDMI cable

The Micro USB Cable I had plenty of, as the ones in the box are useless, way too short. Windows just recognises as an additional monitor, extend the displays, hide taskbar, and lock the Aida64 SensorPanel to the external monitor, job done :)

Loads of custom designs available for importing from https://forums.aida64.com/topic/667-share-your-sensorpanel/page/148/

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sure, this is the link

The Micro USB Cable I had plenty of, as the ones in the box are useless, way too short. Windows just recognises as an additional monitor, extend the displays, hide taskbar, and lock the Aida64 SensorPanel to the external monitor, job done :)

Loads of custom designs available for importing from https://forums.aida64.com/topic/667-share-your-sensorpanel/page/148/
I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea? It's a great benefit for little outlay, I love it (y)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Sure, this is the link

I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea? It's a great benefit for little outlay, I love it (y)
One of you better do a guide for us lazy people that we can pin to the knowledge section as it’s such a great addition to a build 😍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
One of you better do a guide for us lazy people that we can pin to the knowledge section as it’s such a great addition to a build 😍
I think the hardest part is mounting it by the sounds of it, although from what I gather, there are now 3d printing services that you can run individual tasks through, even if they're a small one piece design. There are loads of 3d printing design tools online.

The other option is to build something cursory out of perhaps aluminium sheet or even thin mild steel that's easily bendable.

I think that's the part that would take some thought.

But from what @mossmotorsport is saying, configuring the screen itself sounds just like you would any secondary display?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
But from what @mossmotorsport is saying, configuring the screen itself sounds just like you would any secondary display?
I’m lazy… and others are uninitiated. Instructions, please 😜

To be fair, I’ve not even seen the JayzTwoCents video yet, if I watch that I’m sure that’ll let me get a handle on things. I’ll even get off the lazy train and look up the link myself!

EDIT - For anyone else who’s intrigued, here it is…

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
Absolutely, configuring the display and having the SensorPanel display is childs play, it is only a bare LCD screen.

The difficult part is neat mounting, which I'm yet to figure out. I'm not at a stage where I fancy taking a Dremel to my fairly new build! Double sided tape would work, but I think a 3D printed enclosure is the way to go. Close up of the screen before I placed inside the case, if anyone is curious.

Not sure I can take any credit for any of this though, lots of YouTubers and brilliant contributors on the aida64 forum have been doing this for a while.

JayzTwoCents Link -

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 633

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As a quick once over on a search for the screen model name and "3d printed", came up with this:

Those are just the STL design drawings, which can then be sent to a 3d printing service locally for them to quote you.

I'll spend some more time looking into this and get some quotes so we can get an idea what the ballpark is.

D

Deleted member 41971

View attachment 29212

really cool that,

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is this powered via USB, or does it need wiring into a power source too?

I was thinking I could try it out in an external case (like an energy smart meter display) until I figure out how/where I want to mount it.

Also, is there a reason for the touchscreen feature, or is it just cheaper with than without?

Last edited:

RichLan564

Bright Spark

I saw a pretty good step by step walkthrough on YouTube for fitting one of these, im pretty sure there was displays that came with bezels available on Amazon, the one i saw was mounted at the back so cabling was easier, i was tempted to do a little project myself

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This looks fun
As a quick once over on a search for the screen model name and "3d printed", came up with this:

Those are just the STL design drawings, which can then be sent to a 3d printing service locally for them to quote you.

I'll spend some more time looking into this and get some quotes so we can get an idea what the ballpark is.
I'd be interested to see what you come up with

So on top of the Hardware, you'd need the aida64 software

Last edited: