INCOMING!!!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I always like to think what he's saying when the thumbnail is shot.

In this one I think he's saying "take 2 bottles into the shower? Not me."

All joking aside, just watched it through, top notch as always from GN

The efficiency of this chip is quite frankly monumental, and I know I harp on about it, but it's a hugely important aspect of PC/Server usage that needs to be celebrated and this will only be more important as we go ahead. I sincerely hope Intel get on top of their current rediculous watt usage.

It does show off the strength of the 13600k as a really great all rounder for the budget. Superb for 4k where CPU is less of an impact in general.

yeah i like the idea of more efficiency going forward, would help with thermals and also costs, intel do worry me as they seem to be getting hotter not the other way around.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Shipped :LOL: Expecting tomorrow.
th-453644565.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ok, so early rumours and take with a pinch of salt!

Absolutely true. Was part of that deep dive by Gamers Nexus where the AMD engineer showed off the dual CCD X3D cache chips with 192mb cache. I'm guessing this is where this article is based off of :)

Edit: Just read the article, confirmed as the GN visit that's unearthed it. As per the article my guess is also that it was diminishing returns after one CCD. The only oddball, for me, is the 7900X3D..... it sounds great on paper but when you factor in the core utilisation it doesn't make a whole load of sense.

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ooooh, so my upgrade path could be more than just the 5800x3D then 🎉

ETA - I shouldn’t have worried, the PCS upgrade service still says I can put a 7800x3D in 🤨🤣

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ooooh, so my upgrade path could be more than just the 5800x3D then 🎉

ETA - I shouldn’t have worried, the PCS upgrade service still says I can put a 7800x3D in 🤨🤣

Na, it's not going to happen. It was just a proof of concept etc.

Not unreleased with a soon to be released..... simply, unreleased.. period :LOL:

I want you to request that upgrade and see what happens.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As always, to be taken with a pinch of salt. If they crack 6Ghz with a 20% IPC we're looking at a serious jump in performance. I think it's probably needed with the core count remaining. Likely won't translate to gaming too much as I think we're saturating GPUs right now rather than CPUs.

Still interesting none the less.