INCOMING!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So here we go, new reports from an AMD announcement on some upcoming motherboards next Friday, they've said that it will follow the announcement for the upcoming Ryzen 7000 CPU's.

So it's likely we'll see Ryzen 7000 CPU announcement sometime next week:

Then also, NVidia have announced a surprise announcment at SIGGRAPH 2022, and it's almost certain that this could be an early announcement for the RTX 4000 series GPU's. It's been confirmed that they're close to finishing the early production batches, and they're shipping to board partners as we speak according to chinese suppliers.

Of course, it's just as likely all the above is outright fabrication. That's the joy or RUMOURS!!! So take everything with a pinch of salt

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh, and the upcoming Ryzen 7000 initial launch SKU's have been leaked:

FYtn_TBWIAAPJmQ.jpg

Source - VideoCardz.com

So this is similar to the order they released with the Ryzen 3000 series, with the 3700x first and the 3800x following later

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Possible announcement date of 29th August with release date of 15th September for Ryzen 7000 according to MSI

And these are the confirmed specs:

• Ryzen 9 7950X: 16 core / 32 threads, with base clock of 4.5GHz, a boost clock of 5.7GHz, a TDP of 170W, and 64MB of L3 / 16MB of L2 cache.
  • Ryzen 9 7900X: 12 core / 24 threads, with a base clock of 4.7GHz, a boost clock of 5.6GHz, a TDP of 170W, and 64MB of L3 / 12MB of L2 cache.
  • Ryzen 7 7700X: 8 core / 16 threads, with a base of clock of 4.5GHz, a boost clock of 5.4GHz, a TDP of 105W, and 32MB of L3 / 8MB of L2 cache.
  • Ryzen 5 7600X: 6 core / 12 threads, with a base clock of 4.7GHz, a boost clock of 5.4GHz, a TDP of 105W, and 32MB of L3 / 6MB of L2 cache.
And loads of motherboards announced today from all the major board partners with confirmed USB 4!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

Possible announcement date of 29th August with release date of 15th September for Ryzen 7000 according to MSI

And these are the confirmed specs:

• Ryzen 9 7950X: 16 core / 32 threads, with base clock of 4.5GHz, a boost clock of 5.7GHz, a TDP of 170W, and 64MB of L3 / 16MB of L2 cache.
  • Ryzen 9 7900X: 12 core / 24 threads, with a base clock of 4.7GHz, a boost clock of 5.6GHz, a TDP of 170W, and 64MB of L3 / 12MB of L2 cache.
  • Ryzen 7 7700X: 8 core / 16 threads, with a base of clock of 4.5GHz, a boost clock of 5.4GHz, a TDP of 105W, and 32MB of L3 / 8MB of L2 cache.
  • Ryzen 5 7600X: 6 core / 12 threads, with a base clock of 4.7GHz, a boost clock of 5.4GHz, a TDP of 105W, and 32MB of L3 / 6MB of L2 cache.
And loads of motherboards announced today from all the major board partners with confirmed USB 4!!!

Hell Yeah Baby Cool Baby GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Rakk

The Awesome

Damnit, I think that's when I have a week booked off work, don't think a new PC would turn up before I'd have to go back to work, dammit dammit!!!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Damnit, I think that's when I have a week booked off work, don't think a new PC would turn up before I'd have to go back to work, dammit dammit!!!!!
I'm abroad as well that week. I'm actually considering ordering parts to a friend to look after until I'm back so at least I know they're here waiting

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Interesting variation on the base clocks. I'm going to be in a fight with myself not to go for the 7950 to be honest. I have absolutely no need for anything past the 7800X tbh (in actual fact I have no need for anything past what I have) but I think the 7900X will make me feel happy and give me an XP boost.

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
What are people currently running and so need the upgrade? I dont blame anyone for wanting the latest . I always try to put my sensible head on but the NEED always nags!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What are people currently running and so need the upgrade? I dont blame anyone for wanting the latest . I always try to put my sensible head on but the NEED always nags!
I'm on 4th Gen i7 on both laptop and main rig.

It is time.

I NEED a 7900x or 7950x

If anything, the delay in upgrading that I put in place due to covid / stocks / price gouging has only highlighted just how utterly fantastic these early Core i7's were, incredible chips.

Last edited:

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Similar boat as Scott, 5900X and 3070TI, so no real need to upgrade. I am waiting to see pricing for this. I know people are saying wait until Sept to buy, you'll get better for same price. I'd be interested to see what the MSRP is at launch for both the CPUs, GPUs and Motherboards and whether current market pressures result in higher prices. For some users, it might result in a better performance/$ being achieved by purchasing a higher spec previous gen vs a mid tier tier spec on new gen. DDR5 pricing is still high relative to DDR4.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Do Canadian prices exclude tax as do US prices? If so, we can probably put the £ sign on front of those (converted) USD prices and add 20% ;)

polycrac

Rising Star
I'm on a 2700x and a 2080ti, I'm torn between jumping to a 5800x3D or waiting it out for the new crop (or, as I probably should, just sitting on it for a while - it still works, damn it)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm on a 2700x and a 2080ti, I'm torn between jumping to a 5800x3D or waiting it out for the new crop (or, as I probably should, just sitting on it for a while - it still works, damn it)
If you want a toaster, go for the 5800x3D. If not, go for the 5900X or wait for the 7700x ;)