Inferno broken touchpad button

Razyre

Hey there.

I bought my Inferno a few weeks ago now and love the system. It's tiny, powerful and PCS did a good job of delivering it promptly.

However, now a few weeks in, one of the touch buttons has started clicking and getting caught in the corner of the touchpad. I think something's broken on it >.<

Would I be able to take it apart and do something myself, or would I have to RMA it just for a tiny thing like that? It's not very useable since the damned thing gets stuck in every time you press down in the bottom left hand corner of the left button. Or would PCS be able to send me the part and then for me to take it apart and do it myself?

Thanks

- Ross

steaky360

Depending on what it is there is every chance PCS would be willing to send you the part to repair it. Either way it would be an RMA though as you'd need to request the replacement part to be sent out :) Give them a bell tomorrow for an official response but I suspect they'd let you (saves them doing it :))

Razyre

Depending on what it is there is every chance PCS would be willing to send you the part to repair it. Either way it would be an RMA though as you'd need to request the replacement part to be sent out :) Give them a bell tomorrow for an official response but I suspect they'd let you (saves them doing it :))

Thank you for the very prompt and useful reply :)

Problem is, it's such a tiny part... Do you reckon they'd be able to get hold of that and send it to me? I was thinking it was possible they might need to send me a new case. I mean, I guess that isn't a problem, but I just wondered.

steaky360

I think if it was in need of a new case then you might have to send it back to them but obviously you'll be better off asking them about it. I've no clue what 'spares' they can get a hold of :)

Simon22

I have the very same problem, just got it back from an RMA with the button not working.

Ideally I would like to fix mine without sending it back again.. How did it go for you?

Cheers,
Simon

Razyre

Unfortunately I only e-mailed them today. Currently awaiting a reply. I hope once the problem is solved it doesn't happen again... I'll update this thread with any new news.

Is your button non-functional? Mine gets stuck and stuff but still works.