Inferno Cooling?

madness

Hey!

A few days ago I ordered an Inferno 11.6" with the standard 650m, an i7 3610QM, 8GB of RAM (1333MHz), and the 500GB Scorpio Black HDD. I've never had a laptop with remotely that much power, so I have no idea of the heating tendencies, but I've heard bad things.

As I'll not only be using it for university work, but also gaming as I'm living away from home, would it be worth getting a cooling pad or fan or whatever to sit underneath my laptop? Do the infernos tend to overheat? And if so, what's the best cooling apparatus out there for a notebook of that size? I just don't want to get this and then have it melt itself a few months down the line!

Oh and for what it's worth, I went for the thermal paste.

Thanks a lot!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think it would be a good idea mate, but I cant suggest a cooling pad, as I have no idea what would be good or not.

madness

Cheers for replying, I've decided I'll definitely go with one, probably a Zalman ZM-NC1000. Only problem is I don't know whether the CPU/GPU cooling vent on the underside of the Inferno blows air out or sucks air in. I've read on the reviews of a few different coolers that depending on this, the cooler and the internal fans can end up counteracting each other and fighting.

Can anyone shed some light on the Inferno's vents?