injury... TO GAMING!

steveuk87

Super Star
i cannot beleive that a simple corned beef tin might honestly stop me from playing alot of games on the PC!

bout a week ago (just over) i cut 3 of my finger tips on a corned beef tin (SO SHARP!!) and now my middle finger has little/no sensation in the tip at all! and when i use WASD keys i cant tell what button its on/if its pressing a button! noooooooo!!! i hate life sometimes!!

Hope fully the sensation come back, bit funny tho given my dad has actually lost 2 finger tips completely and one of them is the same middle finger haha!

Steve

Xavien

Enthusiast
Ouch that really sucks mate :( those things can be very dangerous though, i hope your fingers get better soon. My uncles dog actually ate a corned beef tin once you have to wonder why he didnt die, as far as i could tell i dont think the dog even flinched

steveuk87

Super Star
haha the dog is a legend! i saw the carnage of my finger, i dread to think what his insides looked like!! haha

Steve

LDUK

Master Poster
Oh no, that SUCKS! I would kill myself if I couldn't play games anymore lol. The only reason I live LMAO.

Meds

Sorry to hear that Steve, you're not having much luck these days are you! Was it a hospital/stitches jobbie?

steveuk87

Super Star
i did go to hospital yeah but not till after work the next day (cz am hard!) haha but due to it being so late (after 6 hours) then they couldnt stitch it.. they taped it together with steristrips and bandaged it up and sent me on my way.. scabs now gone leaving a bit of rough skin where it was cut over my 3 fingers but still no senseation :( haha funny tho!

Steve

LDUK

Master Poster
i did go to hospital yeah but not till after work the next day (cz am hard!) haha but due to it being so late (after 6 hours) then they couldnt stitch it.. they taped it together with steristrips and bandaged it up and sent me on my way.. scabs now gone leaving a bit of rough skin where it was cut over my 3 fingers but still no senseation :( haha funny tho!

Steve

Oh dear :(
Did they tell you if you would get sensation back?

steveuk87

Super Star
no mate i didnt know it was numb at that point :/ ah well it seems to be a bit easier to play with atm, bin blasting out BLUR :)

Steve

LDUK

Master Poster
no mate i didnt know it was numb at that point :/ ah well it seems to be a bit easier to play with atm, bin blasting out BLUR :)

Steve

Actually, even if you never get the feeling back, I'm sure you'll get used to it and be gaming like a champ in no time.

steveuk87

Super Star
haha i have completed BFBC2 on my ps3, kinda got bored (completed within 2 weeks of buying) i got fed up of pwning kids lol but i'm still playing!! more on the ps3 recently tho, getting more trophies :) but i'm also getting some Supreme Commander and SC2 time in :)

Steve