inside look at the brand new Las Vegas Sphere

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
U2 just did the first gig there, this gives you some idea of what it's all about

But the resolution of the dome, I have no idea how the hell they've managed it, if you look at this next video, that's all on the screens, it looks real, the resolution is so damn high, I'd love to know what kind of panel technology they're using but I highly suspect it would be Micro OLED.

Can't imagine what the electricity bill is for one show!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
according to this

The $2.3 billion structure contains the world’s largest interior and exterior wraparound LED displays. Outside, the LED-coated globe lights up the city at night with ever-shifting imagery. Inside

Sphere’s sound system even enables audience members to have different sonic experiences in different parts of the venue, which can accommodate 20,000. As Hollywood explores the potential of LED displays as an alternative to digital cinema projection, sound has remained a stubborn obstacle. Designed by Berlin-based Holoplot, Sphere’s system could well prove an approach to address that technical challenge.

The production of U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at Sphere includes custom 16K-resolution content that was specially produced and mastered to be displayed during the concert, as well as unique concert lighting and a mobile stage. Meanwhile, the globe-trotting Postcard — which Aronofsky describes as a “sci-fi journey deep into our future as our descendants reflect on our shared home” — was filmed on every continent and contains both narrative and documentary elements. “It’s a learning process because the technology is new,” says the director. “Delivering a half-petabyte movie — that’s 500,000 gigabytes
— that utilizes more than 160,000 speakers is mind-boggling.”

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
U2 just did the first gig there, this gives you some idea of what it's all about

But the resolution of the dome, I have no idea how the hell they've managed it, if you look at this next video, that's all on the screens, it looks real, the resolution is so damn high, I'd love to know what kind of panel technology they're using but I highly suspect it would be Micro OLED.

Can't imagine what the electricity bill is for one show!

and this

The Sphere features a spatial audio system based on Holoplot's X1 speaker module, which uses beamforming and wave field synthesis technologies and is equipped with 96 drivers each.[72][73][74] The sound system will comprise 1,600 X1 speakers that will be installed behind the LED panels, along with 300 mobile modules, for a total of 167,000 speaker drivers.[75][76][77] The sound system will also deliver sound through the floorboards.[70] 4D features, including scent and wind, will also be used.[5]

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
ummm