Integrated Webcam and Microphone issues

DavidCG

Hello all, to start off, congratulations on having built up such an awesome company. I do not think I have seen any other site/store where the vast majority of customers are happy ones.

Having said this, I do have a quick question regarding my newly delivered Laptop. It all works fantastically and the service has been terrific, although after two days I have still found no sign of being able to operate the integrated webcam and microphone. (The laptop is an 'Enigma II' as it is on your site.

It's not a massive deal by any means, I think that perhaps the drivers are not installed or something like that, although I am not actually sure where these drivers may be. Any advice you could give me on this front would be great.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gorman

Author Level
Hi DavidCG and Welcome!

The drivers are on the bundled Driver CD, although these should all be installed if your order included windows.

Have you tried firing up a program such as Windows Live Messenger and used the webcam tools? The setup utility should let you know if you have everything present and correct. I suspect you are just missing some software to view the camera through.

DavidCG

That sorted it out, could have sworn I had tried that before (I guess I didn't though), but its all sorted now. Thank you for the quick repsonse and the good advice!

heliotropia

Hi there,

I recently took delivery of a Genesis II laptop and while the webcam works perfectly (tested on Skype) the microphone appears to be non-existent. I assume there is one, but I can't find it anywhere either physically on the laptop or by looking through the devices and drivers lists. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I guess I'm probably just not looking in the right place!

Thanks

Meds

As far as I'm aware, the Genesis Laptop does not have a built in microphone. You'd need to get an external one which plugs into the front audio connections or a USB Port.

heliotropia

Thanks - I think I must have read something that gave me the impression that it did have one, but no worries. I'm off to buy an external one then! Thanks for the quick reply.

bigbazovuk

My webcam has decided to vanish and is no longer detected by MSN or Skype. I have rerun the driver cd that cam with the laptop but to now joy, my order number was 355893. The rest is brilliant :eek:)

13/11/2010 I have resolved this now

Last edited: