Intel 11700K Review

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Fair review of the part here. No real surprises for anyone but what's good to see is a refresh of the testing methodology and how that affects the topology. Good viewing for anyone looking to recommend any particular hardware and the reasons why. I don't think I disagreed with a word Steve said in this one.

Bhuna50

Author Level
When you look at pricing though, the 11900k is actually slightly cheaper than the r7 5800x

At a glance, if you're budgeting around £400 for a cpu, intel looks better? or is there more to the story.
Have a read of this:

and you will see in the first few paragraphs and links some comments regarding using userbenchmark :D

Index

Have a read of this:

and you will see in the first few paragraphs and links some comments regarding using userbenchmark :D
The comments on user benchmark yeah, but the data isn't a lie right? Aside from the fact its thermals are indeed worse and its still the old 14nm..it's much better performance? If you have good cooling and don't care about an extra 20 watts in terms of value to performance, how is the 11900k worse than the r7 5800x? This is what I don't understand.

Citrus_9

Expert
The comments on user benchmark yeah, but the data isn't a lie right? Aside from the fact its thermals are indeed worse and its still the old 14nm..it's much better performance? If you have good cooling and don't care about an extra 20 watts in terms of value to performance, how is the 11900k worse than the r7 5800x? This is what I don't understand.
Security issues.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Run some searches for userbenchmark processes and you'll see the story. Their process and data is junk.

Even on my own system if run a userbenchmark test it does next to nothing with the CPU. I'm convinced they just use the model name to auto-generate results with a random factor built in.

Last edited:

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Even their remarks drive me up the wall:

For AMD:

"Our benchmarks show that the 5800X is comparable to Intel’s $200 USD i5-9600K. Gamers that do not wish to pay “marketing fees” can invest those savings in a better GPU which will produce an unquestionably faster gaming PC"

For Intel:

Bacially a whine about how reviewers deliberately try to screw over Intel and AMD would be nowhere without their marketing.

It's actually hard to take from a self-appointed benchmark standard.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When you look at pricing though, the 11900k is actually slightly cheaper than the r7 5800x

At a glance, if you're budgeting around £400 for a cpu, intel looks better? or is there more to the story.
The 11900k is nowhere near £400, have a look anywhere, it's around £550. The 5900x would be it's direct INTENDED competitor which is around £600 (£540 on PCWorld) but UTTERLY DESTROYS IT in almost every benchmark and real world scenario.

The 5800x is around £420

Userbenchmark just lies through and through, you can not take ANYTHING they post as being even closely related to the truth, it's utter nonsense.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Userbenchmark just lies through and through, you can not take ANYTHING they post as being even closely related to the truth, it's utter nonsense.
ull0aiibtd151.jpg

Searched for 'UserBenchmark meme' and it took all of two seconds to find this.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
You know the irony is the untold damage that the whole UserBenchmark controversy is actually doing to Intel in the long run.....

UserBenchmark is nothing more than an ad revenue generation scheme. And to give them credit where it's due - they have done that extremely well.

I am also sad in realising that in using their pointless test, I actually played my part to perpetuate the whole thing. I am open to suggested punishments for my penance......

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You know the irony is the untold damage that the whole UserBenchmark controversy is actually doing to Intel in the long run.....

UserBenchmark is nothing more than an ad revenue generation scheme. And to give them credit where it's due - they have done that extremely well.

I am also sad in realising that in using their pointless test, I actually played my part to perpetuate the whole thing. I am open to suggested punishments for my penance......
10 Hail Mary's to start with!

Index

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the input. I've actually watched a number of videos today since it released and learned more. It's actually quite unbelievable how hot the 19000k gets, hotter than I ever imagined actually.

The 11900k is nowhere near £400, have a look anywhere, it's around £550. The 5900x would be it's direct INTENDED competitor which is around £600 (£540 on PCWorld) but UTTERLY DESTROYS IT in almost every benchmark and real world scenario.

The 5800x is around £420

I was looking at the price here on pcs, I built a system identical to the AMD one I just ordered, and it was the same cost. I have no intention of changing my order though I just wanted to understand a little more.

Ash_

Master Poster
I believe the motherboards are more expensive also for intel. The only intel cpu that looks alright, would be the 11400f for a budget gamer build, as AMD has nothing in that price range to compete. But the 11900K, you're going to want a tasty cooler, case and motherboard and that takes is way out of range of the 5800X (funnily, these are cheaper to buy and get shipped to the UK from the US, than bought from a UK retailer).

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Genius! That's exactly what the silicon gods wanted to hear, you have done well!
Phew! That means a lot! Have I mentioned that I am scared of you before? 🤔 I can't remember....

Anyway, it seems like a good time to stay on a roll........

Our Spyder
Who art in forum
Hallowed be thy name
Arachnids will come
Thine advice will be done
On Athlon as it is on Ryzen
Give us this day our daily posts
And forgive us our misunderstandings
As we forgive those who don’t have a clue
And lead us not into Redemption
But deliver us from Intel

Amen

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Phew! That means a lot! Have I mentioned that I am scared of you before? 🤔 I can't remember....

Anyway, it seems like a good time to stay on a roll........

Our Spyder
Who art in forum
Hallowed be thy name
Arachnids will come
Thine advice will be done
On Athlon as it is on Ryzen
Give us this day our daily posts
And forgive us our misunderstandings
As we forgive those who don’t have a clue
And lead us not into Redemption
But deliver us from Intel

Amen
I guarantee, if you met me, you wouldn't be scared of me in the slightest.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's everyday people behind the posts, we're all the same.