Intel 520 series SSD opinions?

iain_m

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the speed increase and quiet performance offered by SSDs over HDDs, and am considering choosing an Intel 520 drive for my upcoming laptop purchase (probably an Optimus II...still deciding!).

The 520 series drives have had very positive reviews in terms of benchmarks, but there are still a few reports of technical problems on the Intel SSD forums.

Does anyone here with 520 series SSDs have comments/feedback on their performance and reliability in everyday use?

Thanks.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the speed increase and quiet performance offered by SSDs over HDDs, and am considering choosing an Intel 520 drive for my upcoming laptop purchase (probably an Optimus II...still deciding!).

The 520 series drives have had very positive reviews in terms of benchmarks, but there are still a few reports of technical problems on the Intel SSD forums.

Does anyone here with 520 series SSDs have comments/feedback on their performance and reliability in everyday use?

Thanks.

I have the intel 520 ssd 240gb for about a month and I have not experienced any problems, it is pretty fast loading windows and any applications I have on the ssd.

mev

Bronze Level Poster
I have the intel 520 ssd 120gb in my laptop and no problems with it at all so far, also got a Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD in my desktop and can say the Intel works as good if not slightly better.