Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135 card / NetGear DGN2200 router issue

Pagey

Bright Spark
Intel drivers. "Intel Chipset Drivers" to be exact.

These are the ones that CLEVO themselves supply, DO NOT install them. IF you have them installed, best advice: do a fresh install and throw those particular drivers away.

Now to clarify things:

I've done a complete wipe of the drive and installed Windows 8 again, only things installed are the wifi drivers and Microsoft Updates and pretty much nothing else, (not driver wise anyway).

I've not had a single issue, I cannot even replicate the disconnections after using the laptop for a couple of days. So I'm led to believe that the ICD's are conflicting with other stuff. Bad thing is, they can't actually be un-installed, so it's best to start fresh IMHO.

If others could try this to confirm this I would be greatly appreciative, it might be possible to solve a LOT of peoples problems with this.

Note: Router is 100% good, so that is out of the equation.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Intel drivers. "Intel Chipset Drivers" to be exact.

These are the ones that CLEVO themselves supply, DO NOT install them. IF you have them installed, best advice: do a fresh install and throw those particular drivers away.

Now to clarify things:

I've done a complete wipe of the drive and installed Windows 8 again, only things installed are the wifi drivers and Microsoft Updates and pretty much nothing else, (not driver wise anyway).

I've not had a single issue, I cannot even replicate the disconnections after using the laptop for a couple of days. So I'm led to believe that the ICD's are conflicting with other stuff. Bad thing is, they can't actually be un-installed, so it's best to start fresh IMHO.

If others could try this to confirm this I would be greatly appreciative, it might be possible to solve a LOT of peoples problems with this.

Note: Router is 100% good, so that is out of the equation.

So you've not even installed the Intel-supplied chipset drivers? Just what came with Windows 8?

dogbot

Bright Spark
I have a Vortex III with the N-135 card and also had the dropouts (about every 15 min) using W8.1 which nothing seemed to solve. Then a month or so ago I updated the Intel driver to version 15.10.0.11 dated 16/6/2013 and have not had a dropout since.

Pagey

Bright Spark
So you've not even installed the Intel-supplied chipset drivers? Just what came with Windows 8?

At least not the ones supplied by Clevo. Only drivers installed is by everything Windows Update finds.

Though after a nice chat with one of the tech guys, they found a "newer" chipset driver, not by much, I have it installed, seems stable so far.