intel i9 11900K reviews

• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The GamersNexus one is brilliant, they've actually labelled it "the worst Intel Processor EVER"

It's a dire CPU. Intel are truly lost for the next few years, they've already admitted even when they do get onto 10nm, they're gonna be rubbish CPU's, so that's the next 3 years of really poor performance.

D

Deleted member 41971

The GamersNexus one is brilliant, they've actually labelled it "the worst Intel Processor EVER"

It's a dire CPU. Intel are truly lost for the next few years, they've already admitted even when they do get onto 10nm, they're gonna be rubbish CPU's, so that's the next 3 years of really poor performance.

suppose it also does not look good when intel being sued for potentially spying on customers without there knowledge to go with there rubbish performance. Intel should have known better considering they are potentially spying on what customers want .

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
suppose it also does not look good when intel being sued for potentially spying on customers without there knowledge to go with there rubbish performance. Intel should have known better considering they are potentially spying on what customers want .

They're just an awful company through and through, consistently lie to investors and customers when they release new chips with utter garbage benchmarks that have no relevance to anything, and often are just outright lies. Controlled the market for a good 7 years while they were on top. Stock manipulation was rife in the company when Spectre and Meltdown were discovered.

They deserve all of this, inherently bad company. Hopefully this new CEO has some kind of ethics and can turn them around, but as they've been up until very recently, they don't deserve saving IMHO

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
But, but, everything is Blue on UserBenchmarks..... 😢

The power consumption of the 11900K takes my breath away. It’s using sometimes more than twice the power per core compared to Ryzen - and what do you get for that? Worse performance. It’s unbelievable stuff.

A launch that really should have been cancelled if anyone at Intel had any sense.

D

Deleted member 41971

They're also very handy for cooking eggs when the hob breaks. True story.

easter roast on an 11900K

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
easter roast on an 11900K

It adds that silicon goodness to the flavour. In normal circumstances, the life of an intel PC would be far beyond the 10 years that we normally aim for, but each generation is that much hotter, you want that extra thermal performance. I'd say a yearly upgrade is warranted.

D

Deleted member 41971

It adds that silicon goodness to the flavour. In normal circumstances, the life of an intel PC would be far beyond the 10 years that we normally aim for, but each generation is that much hotter, you want that extra thermal performance. I'd say a yearly upgrade is warranted.

it makes you wonder how many sales intel are making purely on the name to consumers who are familer with Intel and past successes, marketing and product placements,

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
it makes you wonder how many sales intel are making purely on the name to consumers who are familer with Intel and past successes, marketing and product placements,
I think MOST of them are to fanboys.

Almost all commercial customers have moved away from them in the datacenter, the increased power requirements along with heat issues, plus the reduced performance makes it an absolute no no for any business.

The only people left are the 240Hz gamer crew who still think that 2fps at 1080p is worth it, and the unfortunate remainder are the ignorant few who have no idea of how much better AMD are in general.

I guess there's the budget crew as well with the 11400f being a good option at extreme budget level or basic office PC.

D

Deleted member 17413

If you were in the position where you had to take Intel, would a 10900K be the best option?
An extra two cores over a 5800X (comparable performance going off GamerNexus testing, or at least not far off) and the price looks very similar.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you were in the position where you had to take Intel, would a 10900K be the best option?
An extra two cores over a 5800X (comparable performance going off GamerNexus testing, or at least not far off) and the price looks very similar.
Yep, 10900k is the best of the Intel offerings.

It's comparable single threaded, but utterly dreadful in multithreaded.

Ash_

Master Poster
Even the hardcore intel fanboys on Toms, have wrote off 11th gen (apart from 400F) and are awaiting the 12th gen.

You know it’s bad, when even Tom’s abandons you 🤣

D

Deleted member 17413

Even the hardcore intel fanboys on Toms, have wrote off 11th gen (apart from 400F) and are awaiting the 12th gen.

You know it’s bad, when even Tom’s abandons you 🤣
12th Gen are the ones they used on the boards testing DDR5 arent they?

D

Deleted member 41971

Stumbled on this today. It’s a good summary I think! 11900K briefly covered at the end.

ull0aiibtd151 - Copy.jpg