Intel VS AMD

mikey77

Hello guys! I’m in my 17th working day and I got a bit bored so I want to know your opinions about Intel vs AMD.
I ordered an Intel i7 9700k

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Post the full spec you ordered, what you intend to use it for, and your maximum budget.

steaky360

Hello guys! I’m in my 17th working day and I got a bit bored so I want to know your opinions about Intel vs AMD.
I ordered an Intel i7 9700k
So... asking for advice after placing an order is a little bit late really. We can help if you actually want advice, but as @SlimCini pointed out you may need to cancel and start again if we'd recommend a different setup.

As @ubuysa said, please post the full specs from your order page including the following information;
What is your budget for this system
What will you be using it for (i.e. gaming?)
What monitor are you using with it (resolution and refresh rate as a minimum).

mikey77

Post the full spec you ordered, what you intend to use it for, and your maximum budget.

1500£ budget
Gaming + Streaming

i7 9700k
RTX 2060 Super
16GB RAM 3200
Asus TUF Z390
CoolerMaster 240 Lite
2TB HDD / 256GB SSD m.2
PSU Corsair 650W
Monitor 144hz + second monitor 75hz both MSI

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I dont want opinions about my order.
Unfortunately, when you post on here you cannot control what people may say in response. If you didn't want any opinions you perhaps shouldn't have posted at all.

I just want to see opinions why AMD is better than Intel.
If you use the search tool you can find several posts where this is discussed. It's much better to search for yourself rather than require people to keep re-stating things they have already said.

Personally I’m never going to switch to AMD
That's a strange thing to say, closed minds rarely make good decisions. It also forces us to see your initial post as nothing more than trolling.

steaky360

I dont want opinions about my order. I just want to see opinions why AMD is better than Intel.
Personally I’m never going to switch to AMD
There is no point in promoting discourse if you've no intention of changing your opinion/decision no matter what arguments are made for you to do so.

As @Nursemorph and @ubuysa have pointed out above there have been many threads recently discussing this and as you'll have seen time and time again in 'check my spec' threads, AMD CPUs are vastly outperforming Intel CPUs in the current market for almost every use-case. You can search for these easily enough if you want to do a little bit of light reading :)