Interesting LTT video on picking up broken screens and fixing them

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is worth a look.

If you’re not set on paying top dollar for a really good monitor, pick up a broken one and fix it on the cheap...

I would reiterate the near impossibility on finding parts for Samsung monitors, I’ve had a few in the past with blown backlights and impossible to find new replacement parts.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That was interesting, though I can't help but wonder whether a two month wait, all that effort, and no guarantee that it's all going to work, was worth the $180 they saved...:cautious:

I suppose as you get older the enjoyment of fixing stuff like this wears off, I'd certainly have been keen to give it a go at their age too, but now it's so much easier just to pay the extra $180...🦖

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That was interesting, though I can't help but wonder whether a two month wait, all that effort, and no guarantee that it's all going to work, was worth the $180 they saved...:cautious:

I suppose as you get older the enjoyment of fixing stuff like this wears off, I'd certainly have been keen to give it a go at their age too, but now it's so much easier just to pay the extra $180...🦖
I agree personally. I always shell out the extra for peace of mind and warranty, but thought it was quite a good topic.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Oh it was a good topic. I'm impressed at the way two guys, who are quite clearly very experienced at this sort of thing, make it look so hit-and-miss - almost Laurel and Hardy. Very clever and very well done I thought.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh it was a good topic. I'm impressed at the way two guys, who are quite clearly very experienced at this sort of thing, make it look so hit-and-miss - almost Laurel and Hardy. Very clever and very well done I thought.
I’m a huge fan of LTT, great videos and an interesting span of all technologies.