Ionico 17 - 3070 GPU isn't always priority even when set?

Morning crew!

Received my new beast yesterday, loaded up Steam, downloaded game, updated nVidia driver to latest, eagerly load up to be presented with unplayable 10/11 FPS. After a few off and on's, changing nVidia control panel to always use dGPU over iGPU the game went to playable FPS (60 FPS min on Sea of Thieves). However, now every time i go back in to play, FPS is down again to 10/11. The computer seems to not want to use the 3070 and stays on the integrated GPU. Anyone else have this issue, any advice before i get in the queue for technical support on the phone? Is it a buggy GeForce Experience? Or is there something else i need to worry about?

Laptop Spec:
Chassis & DisplayIonico Series: 17.3" Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2560x1440)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H (2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated Micro-SD Memory Card Reader
AC Adaptor1 x 230W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
BatteryIonico Series Integrated 91WH Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 3 x USB 3.2 PORTS
Keyboard LanguageIONICO 17 SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you run all windows updates? You'll need to do that before the system is configured.

You'll also need to uninstall bullguard fully. It has major issues related to networking and high cpu usage. Plus windows defender is far better anyway.

Then there's been a recent windows update that borks gaming, best to uninstall it if it's installed:

Have you run all windows updates? You'll need to do that before the system is configured.

You'll also need to uninstall bullguard fully. It has major issues related to networking and high cpu usage. Plus windows defender is far better anyway.

Then there's been a recent windows update that borks gaming, best to uninstall it if it's installed:

Window's updates - i believe this has all been done. Although does the last point contradict this?

Interesting about Bullguard - thanks for this! Haven't set it up so will look to uninstall :)