IONICO 17 inch Ryzen 5900HX out of stock

richrd

The 17 inch QHD IONICO with an AMD Ryzen chip and RTX3070 is a good balance of a slimmer (20mm) form factor, large screen size, good resolution and readability, okay battery life and good computing (+ graphics) power. However I cannot find this in stock anymore (since early July). There is no date or information on when it will be available. PCS removed the Ryzen option from the drop down choices, yet they continue to advertise the 17 inch IONICO as an AMD/Intel CPU laptop... None of the other UK custom laptop providers (utopia/scan) appear to do AMD CPUs either, so maybe the problem is with the manufacturer (TongFang).

Does anyone know what is going on here? Will modern AMD Ryzen CPU 17 inch slimmer form factor laptops return? Thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance for any insight.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 17 inch QHD IONICO with an AMD Ryzen chip and RTX3070 is a good balance of a slimmer (20mm) form factor, large screen size, good resolution and readability, okay battery life and good computing (+ graphics) power. However I cannot find this in stock anymore (since early July). There is no date or information on when it will be available. PCS removed the Ryzen option from the drop down choices, yet they continue to advertise the 17 inch IONICO as an AMD/Intel CPU laptop... None of the other UK custom laptop providers (utopia/scan) appear to do AMD CPUs either, so maybe the problem is with the manufacturer (TongFang).

Does anyone know what is going on here? Will modern AMD Ryzen CPU 17 inch slimmer form factor laptops return? Thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance for any insight.
AMD laptops have been far more popular than Intel counterparts, they're significantly better as a laptop with regards to battery life and portability and thermals than anything Intel have to offer, as such all AMD stocks sold out very quickly.

They've certainly been offered, you just had to get in there very fast before they sold out.

arksez

I have the same issue. I'm speccing a 3080 laptop and the only reason I haven't pressed the buy button is because I don't want an intel processor in it. I want that 5900HX badly. Are there lead times as to when the next batch of 5900HX's will be available?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have the same issue. I'm speccing a 3080 laptop and the only reason I haven't pressed the buy button is because I don't want an intel processor in it. I want that 5900HX badly. Are there lead times as to when the next batch of 5900HX's will be available?
You’d have to ask PCS, but it looks like this generation have sold out.

arksez

You’d have to ask PCS, but it looks like this generation have sold out.
Yeah I'm looking at the pairings and 5900HX 3070 board pairings still exist, but what's the point of a 3070 with a 5900hx? They should have just stocked up more on 5900HX 3080.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I'm looking at the pairings and 5900HX 3070 board pairings still exist, but what's the point of a 3070 with a 5900hx? They should have just stocked up more on 5900HX 3080.
It’s not down to PCS having more stock, it’s down to the manufacturers making more stock. Ryzen chassis were always lower production due to issues with sourcing raw materials, it was widely reported before their release. You had to get in quick to get one.

richrd

I asked PCS. They said it is out of stock. They were vague, however, about when more stock will arrive. I looked on the website of another supplier of this 'chassis'. Their notice says stock is be due on 30th July. Perhaps the same applies to PCS.

Kind regards,

Richard.