Ionico Control Center Fan Settings Bugged

Marcius

Hi, I am fairly newbish to this, but when I installed (and reinstalled multiple times) on my new Ionico the provided Control Center program I have run into issues with the fan settings.

Down I have added picture of the settings and circled what I just can't move as it always picks up other points. Plus for some reason the spikes for the GPU and in some modes CPU as well are out of bounds and just cannot even be touched. May I ask for a help solving this problem? Also the default settings seem to be really weird with the spikes. Thank you.

Capture.PNG

LVAN

Hi Marcius, I have the same issue. I contacted PCS and they told me that this is a known issue and that TongFang is working on the issue.
My system got very hot because the fans were stuck at 30% while playing games.

But i have "fixed" it for now. I made a backup from the test Windows that was installed when my device arrived.
I copied the files from "C:\Program Files\OEM\Control Center" from there and I overwritten the Control Center files at my new Windows installation.

Rebooted and it worked. If anyone needs the files I can post a link here if that's allowed.

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
I found that if you go slightly to the left, or on the line left of the dots, you are able to move a few of them. It's really frustrating, but it's possible. I haven't managed to move all of them. Also, I just use fan boost when playing games.

Grossi

I contacted PCS, they told me to install MSI afterburner but the option to adjust the fans are greyed out, waiting for a response.
May work for you guys?

L.VAN, my fans are at 30% too. I have DMd' for the old control centre, if you don't mind :)

Last edited:

Marcius

I found that if you go slightly to the left, or on the line left of the dots, you are able to move a few of them. It's really frustrating, but it's possible. I haven't managed to move all of them. Also, I just use fan boost when playing games.
Yeah, that is what I have been doing so far. And yups, also can't move some of them. They said that they will check if they have some prior versions too so that I could try them out. When they do and I'll try, I'll let you all know.

Marcius

I contacted PCS, they told me to install MSI afterburner but the option to adjust the fans are greyed out, waiting for a response.
May work for you guys?

L.VAN, my fans are at 30% too. I have DMd' for the old control centre, if you don't mind :)
Also have them grayed out.

Marcius

Hi Marcius, I have the same issue. I contacted PCS and they told me that this is a known issue and that TongFang is working on the issue.
My system got very hot because the fans were stuck at 30% while playing games.

But i have "fixed" it for now. I made a backup from the test Windows that was installed when my device arrived.
I copied the files from "C:\Program Files\OEM\Control Center" from there and I overwritten the Control Center files at my new Windows installation.

Rebooted and it worked. If anyone needs the files I can post a link here if that's allowed.
Hi! Not sure how it works with links in here, but could you send it through a DM? Thanks

LVAN

I found out that only this folder and it's content needs to be replaced:

C:\Program Files\OEM\Control Center\UniwillService\MyControlCenter\UserFanTables

Just delete the content of that folder and copy the new files, reboot and the fans and settings will operate normally.

Will send you a DM Marcius.

Last edited:

Doomii

Same problem for me.

Aside control center, I believe something is broken at low software level.

I mostly use the laptop for work under Linux, and the office mode is the one with fans at 100%, while turbo is the quietest. Yet, even in turbo mode, which again blocks the fan at 30%, I can see CPU at 4200+ mhz, so I believe it's throttling in case of sustained load.

@LVAN I would be happy if you can send me the original UserFanTables to help me on windows.

But still, I hope Tongfang/PCS won't let the low level software broken forever, not only for Linux, but for Windows as well! Software minimalists won't be happy to HAVE TO install control center to override the bad behavior.

Aside from that problem, with a 3070, I can't use 144hz on external monitors because it creates artefacts, unstable connection. I can live with 120hz so overall, very happy with the PC!

EDIT: also, on the top of my numpad, keys "-" and "end line" are inverted. But that's details as well.

Last edited:

LVAN

@Doomii I understand what your saying, but perhaps these issues can be solved with a BIOS update.
Don't know about the display issues though.

I will send you the files in a DM (y)

Last edited: